autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which would you choose?

Meg ultimate or meg hybrid ceramic?

I'm not up to date on things and I'm wondering what would protect the best? I have a new vehicle on order but will be using it daily as a service vehicle so it will see everything... including snow/salt besides other everyday contamination.

What has me asking or has me confused is that right now I'm using the ultimate line and it works good to me and leaves a nice shine and feels slick. I recently tried the hybrid ceramic spray wax and it repells the water nicely but doesn't leave a slick feel. I saw that meg has a complete line now of the hybrid ceramic and the ceramic detailer had me thinking this was going to give me the slick feel I was looking for while boosting the wax but it doesn't say anything about leaving a slick feel.

Am I worried about the wrong thing? Is the hybrid ceramic a better product that I shouldn't be worried about a slick feel?

I should also add that I don't have the most time to dedicate to detailing. I would like (if possible) to only decon/clay/wax about twice a year, maybe 3...the rest of the time I would be using a spray (ultimate or hybrid spray wax/detailer) and wash once a week.

I'm close to finishing my ultimate products and wonder what line to replenish with?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Which would you choose?

Sonax PNS. It takes a little longer than a simple spray wax, but it lasts a long time and stays incredibly clean.

Sorry for not picking from your options... I just love PNS right now.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

3. Likes Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which would you choose?

•When all is said and done:
    -you want slickness.

Go with the lineup that you have
    discovered (via your above posted
    hands-on experiences) will bring
    that characteristic to the table.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

5. Likes TimD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •When all is said and done:
    -you want slickness.

Go with the lineup that you have
    discovered (via your above posted
    hands-on experiences) will bring
    that characteristic to the table.

Bob
    I was concerned about slickness but now I'm more concerned about what will give the best protection and allow the least amount of contamination (sap, bugs, bird crap) from sticking? The best example I can give is after a fresh wax during the summer, the bugs seem to just spray off with the hose when washing. I would rather give up the slick feel for better protection and less work when washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Whipped500 View Post
    I was concerned about slickness but now I'm more concerned about what will give the best protection and allow the least amount of contamination (sap, bugs, bird crap) from sticking? The best example I can give is after a fresh wax during the summer, the bugs seem to just spray off with the hose when washing. I would rather give up the slick feel for better protection and less work when washing.
    Then you should use PNS. I have sprayed off my car with a pressure washer only twice in the last month. It has rained multiple times, and my car sits outside. It basically looks clean.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Haven’t used Megs HCW but heard good things and have had good luck with other spray on spray off protection.

I have tried Megs HCD and it leaves my coating feeling slicker. I really don’t care about slick feel as i do not like to touch my paint. Slick feel doesnt mean water repellancy is any better and that is what im concerned with.... repelling water and cleaning easy.

I think if you use HCW and HCD you’ll be a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Ultimate line and it is readily available which makes it nice too. Longevity I really cant speak to, if I want something protected for longevity I use a real life coating. Anything else and you are just playing in a sandbox lol.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

My two choices are based on them being readily available... if I happen to run out of something and need it immediately that I can't wait to order from AG. Also, because I know it's fool proof that by using the same brand and line that they will work together.

The sonax looks good (just looked it up)...but is this something I would use weekly after/in-between every wash?

I probably worded wrong or asked wrong before but what I'm looking for is something that is going to protect the most...like I said, to make bugs and sap come off the easiest when washing. I understand and will twice a year decon, clay and put down a quality wax/sealant (not a spray and wipe)...then wash weekly and use some sort of spray to compliment the wash. With that said, would the ultimate or HCW line be better for keeping sap/bugs from sticking or making it easier to get off? Or are they about equal?

As far as the slickness, that just goes back to me being younger...after a fresh wax you can feel that you did something and I feel (in my head) that correlates to bugs/sap coming off easier the next wash.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

My two choices are based on them being readily available... if I happen to run out of something and need it immediately that I can't wait to order from AG. Also, because I know it's fool proof that by using the same brand and line that they will work together.

The sonax looks good (just looked it up)...but is this something I would use weekly after/in-between every wash?

I probably worded wrong or asked wrong before but what I'm looking for is something that is going to protect the most...like I said, to make bugs and sap come off the easiest when washing. I understand and will twice a year decon, clay and put down a quality wax/sealant (not a spray and wipe)...then wash weekly and use some sort of spray to compliment the wash. With that said, would the ultimate or HCW line be better for keeping sap/bugs from sticking or making it easier to get off? Or are they about equal?

As far as the slickness, that just goes back to me being younger...after a fresh wax you can feel that you did something and I feel (in my head) that correlates to bugs/sap coming off easier the next wash.

Thanks
    My opinion? Use the newer technology, although Im not experienced with HCW. HCD seems really nice on initial use and definitely lasts longer than Ultimate Detail Spray. UQW vs. HCW, I probably prefer the wipe on, wipe off application of UQW.

12. Likes TimD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PNS, no you wouldn’t apply that after every wash, it’s a true LSP; however, Sonax Brilluant Shine Detailer (BSD) is the spray wax/QD equivalent of PNS and that can be used weekly, although it will last much longer than a week. Probably months. It provides great protection but poor slickness. Excellent self-cleaning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast