autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommend me a new product line to use

Similar to another thread that was started but I wanted a little more in depth response to exactly what I need instead of an open question on several topics.

I have a flex 3401 and love it. It's the only machine I have even though I should have purchased a rupes 3" but it's okay I mainly use 5" foam pads on it for everything since I have more control.

I'm familiar with Menzerna and have used the line of compounds and polishes for a while but I ran out and need to buy more. So I'm curious, mainly I'm working with softer paints instead of the harder paints that I have been working on so I'm looking to try something new and exciting. What brand would you recommend me to try that has compounds and polishes? Cost isn't really the factor since i want a quality product that provides a high end result to that almost perfect finish. I am topping the cars with cquartz since I apparently couldn't make my mine up but want that deep gloss on black and red Lexus cars.

The cars are personal cars so I want to take my time and get the finish almost perfect and then seal it. The black car has wear so it will need to be compounded but the red is newer and mostly needs a good polisher and finish.

Thanks,
    Curtis

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommend me a new product line to use

You arent going to go wrong buying any of the compound and polishes on AG and Autopia. They dont sell crap. Its really a matter of personal choice.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Griots BOSS Fast, Correcting and Finishing creams. Awesome stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Loach, Sharply Dressed, ducksfan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get killer results on most Asian paints with HD one plus an HDO blue pad. It’s a great one step that finishes out pretty darn good

Post Thanks / Like

I’m gonna throw out Optimum Hyperpolish. It’s incredibly versatile (can correct or finish depending on pad used), has basically unlimited working time, doesn’t dust, and finishes great (on a polishing pad). It’s very good stuff.

If you need more, Sonax CutMax is just crazy effective with a MF pad, but you would need to follow with polish after compounding on dark colors.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Love to see some impressions on the sonax stuff, so I will selfishly suggest that.

Post Thanks / Like

3D is at the top or near the top as far as abrasive technology is concerned. Their ACA line is simply fantastic and 3D One is one of the best if not the best "one step" available on the market currently.

Honorable mention goes to pretty much everything else brought up in this thread. I haven't tried every single one, but from my personal experience Autogeek doesn't carry any junk abrasives.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the recommendations so far.... The hyperpolish has me interested and I might pick some of that up to try. I was hoping for more responses so I can try something many people use but I might have to pick and choose and see how i like the results.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the PBMG polishes. I’ll arbitrarily pick Pinnacle as my favorite. Advanced Compound, Advanced Swirl Remover and Advanced Finishing Polish. They’re all really good and I’ve been using mostly the Pinnacle over the last 2 years. They haven’t been mentioned, possibly due to price... but being that they are house brand, they come on sale quite often (can’t go wrong with Wolfgang either) and I got my stash of these for bargains at one point or another.

To sum up my thoughts, I often look at my paint when finished and can’t picture it looking any better.

Post Thanks / Like

Every product mentioned will work well. It all comes down to your skill level.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast