autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spray wax streaking .. solved & Collinite 845 diluted

Did you have to heat this combo up to get the 845 to spray nicely? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if you put it in the opaque Megs bottle and cant' see how the 845 mixed, you may not be getting much of it. Even after sitting inside at room temperature for a while it will 'gel' and needs a vigorous shake and ideally some heat to flow again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey16 View Post
    Did you have to heat this combo up to get the 845 to spray nicely? Thanks!

I always leave the 845 in my man cave hidden to keep at room temp. which keeps it from "thickening". Shake both. Use measuring cup for accuracy. I also use clear bottles, to see exactly how much is being mixed.

4. Likes Mdjas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the 4:1 ratio will work with the Collinite QD.

Because as a stand-alone, I was not very impressed with it.

I might just try mixing it with the 845 in the same way as you did with the Meg's.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I wonder if the 4:1 ratio will work with the Collinite QD.

Because as a stand-alone, I was not very impressed with it.

I might just try mixing it with the 845 in the same way as you did with the Meg's.

Yea, just this week I found out about the Collinite QD. Reviews are positive but not like 845. My initial reaction to the 845 & Megs mixture was kinda shocked at the smoothness of application and the similarities of other spray waxes.

Being big fans of both products, esp 845, was the reason I am experimenting. That along with instead of full application of just 845, hopefully I'll be able to do a quick spray of an 845/Megs mix after waterless wash. I will know once I wash the GMC next time. Maybe then my Mustang will get a trial.

My concern was mixing the two products and if the ingredients would mesh together and not have a negative effect on the base protection (845).

I'm thinking not with all the people that use D156 as a topper for 845. Time will tell.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ERS View Post
    Yea, just this week I found out about the Collinite QD. Reviews are positive but not like 845. My initial reaction to the 845 & Megs mixture was kinda shocked at the smoothness of application and the similarities of other spray waxes.

Being big fans of both products, esp 845, was the reason I am experimenting. That along with instead of full application of just 845, hopefully I'll be able to do a quick spray of an 845/Megs mix after waterless wash. I will know once I wash the GMC next time. Maybe then my Mustang will get a trial.

My concern was mixing the two products and if the ingredients would mesh together and not have a negative effect on the base protection (845).

I'm thinking not with all the people that use D156 as a topper for 845. Time will tell.
    Let's agree to report on the success (or non-success) of each experiment.

My results won't be for a few months as I live in NY. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes ERS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pouring here in Va. right now, but the forecast is for some clearing and temps in the upper 40's and low 50's for the weekend. I'm sure I'll have the Mustang out and will try it then. Along with, checking out how the Terrain is doing after a wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Update. Washed the Terrain this morning. The Collinite/Megs 1:4 had a sheeting effect.

I have to admit that I like the Aquawax and it's beading better BUT THE 1:4 does look great. To continue the experiment I went with a new ratio of 1:2 collinite/megs. It still sprays fine and applies and removes just like any other spray wax. Applied to the Terrain 1/2 hood and the other half Aquawax.

Keep in mind the objective is to use after waterless washes as a quick maintenance in between applying 845. I'll check later this weekend how it does.

12. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Weekend Update. Today, I went out and tested the hood on the Terrain. Waterless wash and then sprayed it with water. Honestly I could see no difference between the Collinite/Megs half and the Aquawax half. Sheeting and beading was about equal.

So with that being said, I have elected to say the experiment of 1:2 Collinte 845 & Megs D156 has been successful for me. Of course the real test will be to see how long the beading lasts. As often as I wash and spray wax, not sure I will get an accurate answer. But the shine is incredible. Remember, no matter what spray you use, the quality of the microfiber is crucial.

So, the thought of using the 1:2 spray wax as a maintenance between full applications of 845 is promising. It goes on and removes just like any other spray I've used, and I really think the results are incredible. See our 2014 Terrain and my 2006 Mustang.The reflection shot is the side of the Mustang.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spray wax streaking .. solved & Collinite 845 diluted-im2-jpg   Spray wax streaking .. solved & Collinite 845 diluted-im3b-jpg   Spray wax streaking .. solved & Collinite 845 diluted-im1b-jpg  

14. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes Mdjas liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12