autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Gyeon vs Carpro

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gyeon One

1 9.09%
  • Carpro CQuartz Lite

10 90.91%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Battle of Entry Level Coatings...

CQ lite is awesome. Wash it with WG Sio2 wash every 3 wash and it’s all you need. No toppers required. I have it on my DD for about 9 months thru the winter and it’s still going like day one. I have a feeling CQ lite 1 year durability claim is on the very low end of the curve... I can see it lasting much longer.

The two applicators that come in the kit are also really nice.
    Jim

2. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was searching for my first ceramic coating, all of my research was pointing me to McKee's 37 and Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating. I chose the PBL kit and was happy with the results and ease of application.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like

True, the only reason is ease of use, Lite supposedly is very hard to get high spots on it.
    Is more because it will be the first coat experience

Post Thanks / Like

Cancoat seems to be a little underrated and that's a shame. Besides making sure the spray nozzle doesn't clog up after use, it's the easiest LSP to apply that I've ever used, much less coating. I think the ONLY negative about it is making sure when you spray it doesn't spray all over the car and on yourself, so don't spray in windy conditions.

6. Likes robwoodgto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    Yes Guz, I was wondering if those 2 stand alones can be used as topers, just to increase durability
    It’s the same as putting multiple coats of CQ lite. Probably no to negligible difference. Only benefit would be if you liked apperance better.

All three are coating lites with claimed 6-12 months durability. Two coats better than one doesnt matter which 2. I use as topper on my CQUK3 as that has a 1-2 year durability.

Moonlight i think has been out longest and rumors were Tac systems does or did make Cquartz products....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? Interesting!

Talking about 2 coats, does that mean double durability or not necessarily?

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? Interesting!

A lot of coating's you'll get better durability with a 2nd coat, but it won't be double, it varies from coating to coating. I've used a few where you can only put 1 layer down. Another thing to think about, if you want to do multiple coatings, a 30ml bottle won't be enough. So you'd need to spend more on a 50ml. Whatever coating's you narrow it down to. Ask on here about what layering will add. IMHO it's not always worth it, but again it varies from brand to brand so there's no exact answer here. And I might be totally wrong here, but my assumption is if a manufacturer claims 24 months of durability, and they recommend you put 2 layers. The claim's for if you do 2 layers. If I'm wrong one of the smart detailers here will correct me.

Post Thanks / Like

Really? Interesting!

I dont think it goes exponentially like that or you’d see people doing 7 coats. I think a second will make it stronger and more durable but not by much. Wild guess maybe 15-20%. I did 3 coats. 2 of UK3 and one of cancoat. Im going to try and “top” this spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Guz, I was wondering if those 2 stand alones can be used as topers, just to increase durability
    Yes moonlight and cancoat can certainly be used as a stand alone. I have not used moonlight but cancoat is a great product. It is underrated and versatile. Now durability is going to vary from person to person but CanCoat has the potential to get you in the range of 9-15 months again dependent on variables such as environment. Now it will need some help from a product such as Cure along the way. By itself 9-10 months is achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    So if your hoping to stretch out the "years" why not use a more durable coating? Same prep,same (ish) application and I wouldn't get caught up in how long it lasts. CQUK will outperform these in both short and long term
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    CQ lite is awesome. Wash it with WG Sio2 wash every 3 wash and it’s all you need. No toppers required. I have it on my DD for about 9 months thru the winter and it’s still going like day one. I have a feeling CQ lite 1 year durability claim is on the very low end of the curve... I can see it lasting much longer.

The two applicators that come in the kit are also really nice.
    Lets just say you are on the right track with your thought on Lite.

True, the only reason is ease of use, Lite supposedly is very hard to get high spots on it.
    Is more because it will be the first coat experience
    Here is the thing. Expect a few high spots when learning how to apply a coating. It is not the end of the world if it happens. They are easily fixed. Focus on the task at hand you will be fine. Flash times are not a concern with CanCoat or Lite. CanCoat is the easier of the two to apply. Lite would be more durable in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Cancoat seems to be a little underrated and that's a shame. Besides making sure the spray nozzle doesn't clog up after use, it's the easiest LSP to apply that I've ever used, much less coating. I think the ONLY negative about it is making sure when you spray it doesn't spray all over the car and on yourself, so don't spray in windy conditions.
    I agree and good point about pointing the bottle away from the paint. I still have my original nozzle and I just flush it with hot water after each use.

Really? Interesting!

No it does not. The second coat is going to ensure even coverage for the most part.

14. Thanks gorillapr, Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes gorillapr, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing about coatings most don’t realize..... coatings are like an egg.... the shell is harder than the underlying surface, thus expansion and contraction are going to crack and weaken them. So those that live in climates where temps vary often will see less durability.

Graphine is flexible but not yet perfected.....

So to prolong a ceramic coating you need to maintain with a “filler” type product.

And to my point.... I feel we reached the point of max durability because eventually every LSP gets stained from road film, gets iron contamination, and has physical blemishes.

Paint will always need some TLC... so untill a diamond clear coat is made, us detailers will still be desired to make vehicles look perfect!
    Jim

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast