autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Gyeon vs Carpro

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gyeon One

1 9.09%
  • Carpro CQuartz Lite

10 90.91%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Battle of Entry Level Coatings...

I've been researching and looks like the 2 most user friendly with descent durability entry level coatings are Gyeon One and Carpro CQuartz Lite.

-Which one of the 2 is better in terms of:
    1. Shine & Gloss
    2. Hydrophobic properties/self cleaning ability
    3. Durability
    4. Ease of use/user experience

-Can both be applied to paint, ]wheels & trim?

-What topper would be better:
    1. Tac System Moonlight
    2. Gyeon Can Coat
    3. Corresponding brand topper (Cure or Reload)

Give me your feedback and experiences with those coatings and toppers please

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Battle of Entry Level Coatings...

Meguiar’s new coating looks to be even more user friendly with virtually no high spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the only problem that I see is that even Megs said they expect durability to be up to 9 months, also dont remember but in a YT channel a detailer made the comment that maybe the gloss will be compromised also for being so easy to use.
    I didnt include it here for those reasons and also because is so new that nobody have really done any durability test on it

Post Thanks / Like

I was not a fan of Gyeon One's lack of user-friendliness during the removal process after application. It remains one of the tackiest, hardest wipedowns I've had to give on a coating in order to get a clean wipedown, and because of this I would not recommend it as an entry-level coating. Performance was great, lasted above the 1 year mark before I removed it to test other products, you can read my initial review here: Gyeon Q˛ ONE - First Impressions & Gyeon Booster Testing

CQuartz Lite was better on application, still has that trademark less than slippery slick surface like the regular CQuartz and CQUK coatings. Great initial performance, but I found something like Blackfire Pro Ceramic Coating was more user friendly in terms of applying and removing it. If you're planning on coating multiple cars, it's tough to beat the value that Lite offers at 150ml, good way to get experience in applying coatings. I don't have long term results with Lite yet, but check out the thorough review that The Guz did on its performance so far here: Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite - The Guz

Moonlight and Can Coat I would say would be more direct competitors to Lite as opposed to a dedicated topper for it. Gyeon seems more to me as a full fledged coating as opposed to a light coating. I recently had great results on many of my coatings running Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer on top of them for maintenance.

5. Thanks gorillapr, Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lite Ive read on multiple sites that can yield to 1 yr, so my tought was is I top it with Moonlight or Can Coat maybe I can stretch that to 1.5+ yrs which would be awesome.

Im subscribed to you YT channel (good content) and saw a video that you talk about the Megs detailer.

7. Thanks Loach thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz Lite is a great option. It can be used on all those surfaces you asked about. Maintain with Elixir and you will be set. You can see my review that Loach posted. I have since shifted to this test 2020 Ceramic Coating 1 Year Test

Cquartz Lite has a 1 year claim straight from CarPro.

FYI CanCoat and Moonlight can be used as a stand alone as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Moonlight and Can Coat I would say would be more direct competitors to Lite as opposed to a dedicated topper for it.
    My thoughts too. CQuartz Lite's closest competitor would be CanCoat. If you wanted a Gyeon One competitor I'd say it would be CQuartz or maybe GTechniq CSL.

I'm currently using CQuartz UK on two of my vehicles and CanCoat on another. I do realize they are different "levels" of coatings, but have been really pleased with both for what they are. CQ UK is a solid performer that is durable and looks great. CanCoat looks fantastic and punches above it's weight in durability by lasting close to a year, if not a little longer.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

10. Likes robwoodgto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Guz, I was wondering if those 2 stand alones can be used as topers, just to increase durability

Post Thanks / Like

So Nate, using both at the same time, if you have to choose one, which one would be?

Post Thanks / Like

So if your hoping to stretch out the "years" why not use a more durable coating? Same prep,same (ish) application and I wouldn't get caught up in how long it lasts. CQUK will outperform these in both short and long term

14. Likes The Guz liked this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast