autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Shampoo...

Post Thanks / Like

Car Shampoo...

Hi everybody,
    I am new to this forum and fairly new on car detailing and found that this is my new hobbie/passion but also I am in the learning curve.
    This spring I will give it a try to an entry level ceramic coating and want to apply it to all exterior surfaces (paint, wheels and trim), for maintenance washes I will use Carpro Reset once a month but I am wondering if anybody has a list of other least expensive shampoos that Do Not have any gloss enhancers, waxes or polymers on it, it would be nice to develop a list from cheap to expensive, I think that would help everybody. I have tried to find this info everywhere and can't get a definitive answer.

Your help is appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Colorado ZR2

3. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, brianc636 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Car Shampoo...

Look into this Britemax Shampoo. It can be diluted up to 1:2000 and is a pure soap that leaves nothing behind. I have a small bottle of it.

Britemax Pure Max Shampoo 16 oz.

You can buy twice that amount for only $19.99, and a whole gallon for $39.99.
    @1:2000 just imagine how long that would last you?

5. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Shampoo...

Thank you guys!
    Any other add for the list?
    PH Neutral/Pure Shampoo so far I have:
    1. Carpro Reset
    2. Gyeon Bathe
    3. Adams Car Shampoo
    4. Britemax Pure Max
    5. Megs Hyper Wash
    6. G Technique G Wash
    7. Megs Deep Crystal
    8. Wolfgang SiO2 Coating Wash
    9. Mckees 37 SiO2 Auto Wash

Can anybody confirm or deny if the following soaps contain polymers or gloss enhancers?
    1. Megs Gold Class Shampoo
    2. Rain X Foaming Car Wash
    3. P&S Pearl Shampoo
    4. Wowo's Detailing Shampoo
    5. 3D Pink Soap
    6. CG Mr. Pink
    7. Nanoskin Hyper Suds
    8. Turtle Wax Ice Snow Foam Wash
    9. Optimum Car Wash
    10. Nu Finish Car Wash
    11. CG Meticulous Matte Auto Wash
    12. Armor All Car Wash
    13. Masterson's Wash & Shine
    14. Mother's California Gold Car Wash

-I know CG Honeydew Snow Foam have gloss enhancers in it but I still have like 1/2 gallon to finish yet, after Cquartz is applied, can I use it for the prewash foam stage and follow up in the bucket wash with a pure shampoo that doesnt have any additives?

-Is it ok to do ONR rinseless wash on a ceramic coated car? (Does the polymers in ONR mess with the properties of the coating?)

Thank you all

Post Thanks / Like

What about Duragloss wash concentrate? I just coated my car with PBL diamond coating, but have 1.5 gallons of Duragloss wash soap on hand. Would this work okay with a ceramic coating?
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like

That is another one that we can add to the list if is ok with coatings. Hope somebody chime in soon and clarify which ones are ok to use with coatings.

Mike Phillips

I'm just about to leave for the day, tomorrow I'm in Power Point World all day for my classes at Mobile Tech Expo, so I can't do a lot of research right this moment on what car washes are pure soaps and which car washes leave "something" behind.

So I'll add this,

This car wash was formulated specifically to only wash/clean a car, not add anything.

Here's the link to my review.

Review: BLACKFIRE Pro-Ceramic Coating Wash

BLACKFIRE Pro-Ceramic Coating Wash

I think GYEON also makes a "pure" wash that in my review I stated it had a very silky feel after mixing with water.

10. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Here's what I use and recommend to others to use for a wash for ceramic coated cars.

Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

AND

I would use this method but use either the wash I show or the Wolfgang SIO2 Coating Wash. The SIO2 Coating Wash wasn't invented when I wrote the below article so that's why I'm showing the BLACKFIRE wash.

We can no longer wash cars here at Autogeek the stipulation put into the lease so until something happens, no more articles created here at Autogeek.

How to safely wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips - Traditional Hose & Bucket Approach

Hope that helps...

12. Thanks gorillapr thanked for this post
    Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I'm just about to leave for the day, tomorrow I'm in Power Point World all day for my classes at Mobile Tech Expo, so I can't do a lot of research right this moment on what car washes are pure soaps and which car washes leave "something" behind.

So I'll add this,

This car wash was formulated specifically to only wash/clean a car, not add anything.

Here's the link to my review.

Review: BLACKFIRE Pro-Ceramic Coating Wash

BLACKFIRE Pro-Ceramic Coating Wash

I think GYEON also makes a "pure" wash that in my review I stated it had a very silky feel after mixing with water.

Thanks for comment Mike, if you could maybe put this small research into your agenda for the near future it would be awesome!
    Im really interested on this list that would have 15-20 car soaps/shampoos that are pure and don't leave anything behind and go from the ones that you can buy at wal-mart/auto zone store to the professional premium one that autogeek/amazon sells.
    I've been looking for this info for almost 2 weeks now and cant find definitive answers.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Here's what I use and recommend to others to use for a wash for ceramic coated cars.

Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Coating Wash

AND

I would use this method but use either the wash I show or the Wolfgang SIO2 Coating Wash. The SIO2 Coating Wash wasn't invented when I wrote the below article so that's why I'm showing the BLACKFIRE wash.

We can no longer wash cars here at Autogeek the stipulation put into the lease so until something happens, no more articles created here at Autogeek.

How to safely wash a ceramic coated car by Mike Phillips - Traditional Hose & Bucket Approach

Hope that helps...

Awesome article, thanks for sharing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast