autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage Rinseless Wash & Wax info?

Hi folks,
    I'd like to kindly hear what you guys think about this Griots Garage Rinsless Wash & Wax product. It seems I can't find much about it unfortunately.

I'm particularly interested into its performances as quick detailer/drying aid/waterless when diluted at 1:15.
    I've just heard it should be thicker, slicker and more lubricated than other rinseless/waterless washes (Ech2o included). Can anyone confirm that?

How does it compare, for example, to Wolfgang Uber Rinseless diluted at qd?
    And does it work really that well as drying aid/spray wax?

Any feed will be very appreciated.

Thank you a lot in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage Rinseless Wash & Wax info?

I like it, very easy to use with no streaking,leaves a nice gloss and smells good. As per a rinseless wash I'd rate it above the Wolfgang and EchO, for a qd they are all very good but as a drying aid I'd give the edge to Ech20. You really can't go wrong with either of these 3.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi!
    Thank you for your input.
    May I ask you why you prefer Ech2O as drying aid over the Griots Garage?

I actually prefer Ech2O as drying aid over Uber too, for its thicker and more lubricated texture on the wet car (although I like Uber more if used on a dry surface).

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t used Ech20, but I have used both the Griot’s and Wolfgang Uber at QD ratio.

I’m a big fan of the Griot’s. Works great both at Rinseless dilution, and at the 15:1 ratio. I frequently use it as a drying aid. I like that it’s incredibly easy to finish off streak free.
    I was never wowed by Uber really. It’s fine, but nothing remarkable IME. And maybe I’m crazy, but I feel like the car attracts dust more after Uber vs the same method with any other product.

Can’t tell you a scientific how-long-it-lasts as a spray wax, since I’ve typically only used it as a drying aid. But it’s worked well enough to limp along my daily driver in times when I couldn’t get a proper LSP on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Hi!
    Thank you for your input.
    May I ask you why you prefer Ech2O as drying aid over the Griots Garage?

I actually prefer Ech2O as drying aid over Uber too, for its thicker and more lubricated texture on the wet car (although I like Uber more if used on a dry surface).
    Ech20 just works better for me plus it seems to add more pop on the plastic trim and glass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I haven’t used Ech20, but I have used both the Griot’s and Wolfgang Uber at QD ratio.

I’m a big fan of the Griot’s. Works great both at Rinseless dilution, and at the 15:1 ratio. I frequently use it as a drying aid. I like that it’s incredibly easy to finish off streak free.
    I was never wowed by Uber really. It’s fine, but nothing remarkable IME. Any maybe I’m crazy, but I feel like the car attracts dust more after Uber vs the same method with any other product.

Can’t tell you a scientific how-long-it-lasts as a spray wax, since I’ve typically only used it as a drying aid. But it’s worked well enough to limp along my daily driver in times when I couldn’t get a proper LSP on it.
    I recently noticed the Uner attracting dust especially road salt

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, I always thought it was me or just had a bad luck with the pollen/weather in those particular days, but, whenever I used Uber as detail spray after wash, the car was then full of dust on the next day. Also I noticed it got dirty faster as well.

So I'm glad you guys are confirming this too....

Unfortunately I must admit I noticed Ech2o attracting lots of dust/pollen as well (not like Uber but still...)

I really hope the Griots Garage RW&W doesn't (or at least not that much.)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I'm feeling much better now (about my observation with Uber). When I got it it was a big time forum favorite and I really don't remember anyone talking about that aspect.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used up a bottle of ONR, then Griot's RW&W, and finally used up my bottle of Uber.

I actually think that the way ONR traps (encapsulates) dirt particles is pretty amazing, and I still use it in my "secret RW prep sauce". Lol

But, I have found Uber and Griot's to be a little more slick-feeling which I prefer. I have never noticed the Uber attracting more dust as said above, but that could be because I have metallic gray paint.

When the weather breaks here, I think I am going to order more of both Griot's RW&W, and Uber for a little side-by-side comparison.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage Rinseless Wash & Wax info?

Bough a 16oz bottle of Uber. Used twice I think wasn’t impressed. Still have the bottle just chillin. Use to use Ech20 drying aid but I use a dedicated drying aid thats way more lubricious.

Haven’t use Griots RW&W but love their Brilliant finish Rinseless. Wanted something that didnt leave anything behind now that my cars coated.

Its awesome stuff along the lines of Mckees 914. Will probably my go to rinseless.

I use Ech20 for waterless. Love the looks left behind and fells more stout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast