autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New M340i - Help me decide what to use!

Essence for sure. I went CQUK3 over essence. Two coats. I wasnt sure about Gliss when I applied as v1 had issues. Topped with Gyeon Cancoat so i could maintain with it. Worked well as a combo.

You can really use any topper to keep from spotting right after. I used Shine supply clutch. Now to add gloss and depth maintain with Polish angel Cosmic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gofast182 View Post
    Well I got CQuartz UK 3.0 for my wheels and then decided I will use it for the whole car even though I wasn't planning on going in that direction and am still suspect of everything involved with maintaining coatings.

I have some light factory-installed scratches that I need to remove. I have Menzerna SF4500 but I'm considering getting CarPro Essence to help maximize effectiveness of the coating. Does anyone have experience with Essence? Everything I've seen/read is excellent.

Also does anyone have experience with Reload immediately following CQ UK 3.0? They suggest applying this over the newly-installed coating to help prevent water spots. My questions are: 1. Is it worthwhile? 2. If you have a coating that is curing and you apply a product with its own carriers/solvents before the base is fully cured won't it harm the original coating?
    If you have light defects then Essence will work. Give it a test spot. It will fill in minor defects but it will also remove light defects. It is pretty straight forward to use. I don't like Menzerna polishes as they are on the oily side so the oils may not be completely removed from the prep wipe. I would recommend letting Essence sit on the paint overnight to let the SiO2 in it cure after wipe off of course. Come back the next day with a light Eraser prep wipe to remove any residual polishing oils and then coat. I would actually recommend using Eraser even if you don't have time to let Essence cure.

With regards to Reload, CarPro recommends using it to protect the coating from water spots during the 7 day curing time. Get the small bottle and use it for only this purpose. I am not a fan of Reload to maintain. It lacks in overall performance and its hydrophobic properties don't last that long. It will tend to make it appear as if the coating has failed but the coating is fine and will be back once Reload is gone. I would choose Elixir over Reload for maintenance. It is just not recommended until after the first wash. Reload will not harm the coating. Follow the manufacturers recommendations and you will be fine.

You have the option to top CQUK 3.0 with Gliss and you won't need to follow up with Reload. Gliss is the product protecting the base layer during that 7 day curing time. I would choose Elixir for maintenance. Gliss is good as it will add some nice slickness to CQUK 3.0. Gliss goes a long way and you will more than likely have left over to play around with.

3. Thanks gofast182 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    If you have light defects then Essence will work. Give it a test spot. It will fill in minor defects but it will also remove light defects. It is pretty straight forward to use. I don't like Menzerna polishes as they are on the oily side so the oils may not be completely removed from the prep wipe. I would recommend letting Essence sit on the paint overnight to let the SiO2 in it cure after wipe off of course. Come back the next day with a light Eraser prep wipe to remove any residual polishing oils and then coat. I would actually recommend using Eraser even if you don't have time to let Essence cure.

With regards to Reload, CarPro recommends using it to protect the coating from water spots during the 7 day curing time. Get the small bottle and use it for only this purpose. I am not a fan of Reload to maintain. It lacks in overall performance and its hydrophobic properties don't last that long. It will tend to make it appear as if the coating has failed but the coating is fine and will be back once Reload is gone. I would choose Elixir over Reload for maintenance. It is just not recommended until after the first wash. Reload will not harm the coating. Follow the manufacturers recommendations and you will be fine.

You have the option to top CQUK 3.0 with Gliss and you won't need to follow up with Reload. Gliss is the product protecting the base layer during that 7 day curing time. I would choose Elixir for maintenance. Gliss is good as it will add some nice slickness to CQUK 3.0. Gliss goes a long way and you will more than likely have left over to play around with.
    I kind of read your reply two different ways. Do I want Reload or Gliss to protect from water spots?

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of read your reply two different ways. Do I want Reload or Gliss to protect from water spots?
    Depends if you are going to invest in Gliss or not.

Post Thanks / Like

To me, optimum gloss coat is an oldie but a goodie. One thing I like about it is that it does not have a strong odor like CQuartz up or Gyeon. And you can use optigloss as a maintenance / drying aid product that will extend life of coating.
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Depends if you are going to invest in Gliss or not.
    My intent was to only have one companion product to help with this. I suppose I could get both if you tell me it's going to make a massive difference but as I mentioned before all these support products for coatings that are supposed to be so strong and high quality on their own really makes me question...

Post Thanks / Like

My intent was to only have one companion product to help with this. I suppose I could get both if you tell me it's going to make a massive difference but as I mentioned before all these support products for coatings that are supposed to be so strong and high quality on their own really makes me question...
    I use the 'Merlins' elixir mix of Reload and Ech20 to maintain/drying aid of the UK/Gliss car and UK wheels on my 535.
    Rarely ever do I use straight Reload on a dry car.

If you are looking for a 1 trick pony to maintain the UK or UK/Gliss ( whichever you choose) get Ech20 for washless or rinseless washes.

It also works great as a detailer.

I am trying to keep it simple for you.

9. Thanks gofast182 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, my primary question right now is about mitigating potential for water spots in the first week.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, my primary question right now is about mitigating potential for water spots in the first week.
    My idea is Reload, no matter Gliss or not. Better to play it safe ya know.
    Get er dun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    To me, optimum gloss coat is an oldie but a goodie. One thing I like about it is that it does not have a strong odor like CQuartz up or Gyeon. And you can use optigloss as a maintenance / drying aid product that will extend life of coating.
    Gloss Coat gets the ease of use but it lacks in overall performance compared to any cquartz coating.

If you are going to use Gliss then don't even bother with Reload. Gliss is designed with anti-water spotting. It is going to come down to whether or not you want to take the time to apply Gliss and the wait time to apply it. If you go with Reload then don't invest in a big bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    My idea is Reload, no matter Gliss or not. Better to play it safe ya know.
    Get er dun
    Sure one can do this. Nothing wrong with it until one sees the terrible water behavior degrade after one wash with Reload.

If it were me, CQUK topped with Gliss maintain with Elixir. Reload is not that good in self cleaning either besides water behavior. It does do a good job of filling.

13. Thanks gofast182 thanked for this post
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast