autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

White car manteinance

I bought this car a few months ago, i already polished to remove all swirls, scraths, ++. I used meguiars synthetic sealant 2.0 to finish it.
    A few months ago i bought soft99 fusso coat (for white cars) and i got very decent results. Good beading, nice gloss.

Every time i wash (auto bathe wolfgang) the car i use a quick wax and every 3-6 months i apply soft99 again.
    What do you recommend me to do? Do i continue as i mentioned ? Do i change my products ? What would you do ?

Mike Phillips

Re: White car manteinance

Quote Originally Posted by nahuel222 View Post

Every time i wash (auto bathe wolfgang) the car i use a quick wax and every 3-6 months i apply soft99 again.

What do you recommend me to do?
    Do i continue as i mentioned ?
    Do i change my products ?
    What would you do ?

If what you're doing is working for you then I'd keep doing it.

Keeping a car looking great is all about finding product you love to use and then using them.

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

3. Thanks nahuel222 thanked for this post
    Likes nahuel222 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Like any car Prep work is important. clay, iron remover. polish. White cars just need a little extra love

Maybe some Beadmaker as a drying aid could give you a boost.

Like Mike says find what you like and use it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your comments.
    If you are going to polish and mantain a white car, which products would you use ?
    Maybe i can try what you use and see other results

Post Thanks / Like

As Mike suggested, if it is working and you are pleased then use it up first. Then once gone you can try something old and tried or new 'hot' product.

White cars never have the visual impact that some of the popular deeper colors on the road. But a white car that is clean and kept that way is a sight to enjoy. With the combinations you have mentioned keeping your car in this shape is going to be easy and make your neighbors envious.

Here is my 'white car' from Fall 2018 after a similar process you did. I changed products last November but it still looks great. So I am happy and content to keep it that way.

White car manteinance-lexus-collinite845-jpg

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    As Mike suggested, if it is working and you are pleased then use it up first. Then once gone you can try something old and tried or new 'hot' product.

White cars never have the visual impact that some of the popular deeper colors on the road. But a white car that is clean and kept that way is a sight to enjoy. With the combinations you have mentioned keeping your car in this shape is going to be easy and make your neighbors envious.

Here is my 'white car' from Fall 2018 after a similar process you did. I changed products last November but it still looks great. So I am happy and content to keep it that way.

White car manteinance-lexus-collinite845-jpg
    Yes i'm pleased with the results i got. I wish i could try another quick wax, as i am using a local product (Toxic Shine) in my country (Argentina). This product quality is better than 3M for e.g, but i'm not sure which other brands could be worth to try.

Speaking of water beading i tried first zymol carbon wax ( for dark colours ), so i jumped to soft99 and i got almost the same results but with deeper gloss.

White car manteinance-82210752_451315725744630_7918663458839592960_n-jpg

8. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax BSD (Brilliant Shine Detailer) works great in combo with Fusso Coat. If you want to stay in the family the quick wax/ QD for Soft99 Fusso Coat is Soft99 Speed & Barrier quick wax. I like the looks from Sonax BSD on white paints. And also the Sonax Spray and Seal which I have on a white Ford Focus I maintain. Just remember that BSD is a thick and concentrated QD that has the strength of a sealant in the longevity from it. So you only 1 or max 2 sprays on a panel such on your car. I like to spray a primer spray on a fresh mf towel and then 1 more. Spread out on a panel and wipe directly off with another mf towel. The first mf towel I use over the whole car and it's going to be more saturated with the BSD and you don't always need to be spraying on a new spray on the last panels. As long as you something goes on the paint it's enough product. And makes it much easier to work with. The second towel though is best if it's dry as possible. I usually refold it after every panel and I use 4 sides of before switch to a fresh dry mf towel. When you are done take a walk around and wipe off any smears if you have gotten some of them.

There is no polish that's better suited on a specific color on the vehicals. It's if you where to use a cleaner wax/AIO which leaves something behind in protection. Soft99 Fusso Coat likes mostly to be applyied on a bare paint. So a quality compound and polish from the bigger brands sold on AGO works great. And there it comes to much of personal preferences which you likes of the great ones. If you have a DA polisher I like Sonax Cutmax and Sonax Cut and Finish and Sonax EX 04-06 or Sonax Perfect Finish. Then you have a good range of polishes that's easy to work with. Menzerna and Carpro and 3D and many more does great polishes.

Why I mentions polishes. Is cause if you want to get a high gloss. It's in the prep work and polishing to a clear paint. That's where you get the most of the gloss from. Then your protection and glossenhancers gives you that little extra gloss on top but it's not much on a paint in a defect free finish. And then have a great wash and drying technique to keep the paint as swirl free as possible after you got it polished. And the investment in a DA polisher is going to get you a great polishing experience.

Welcome to the forum!
    And read through as much as possible on the many threads that you have available on the forum. There you have a lot of awesome tips and trix to get a lot of knowledge about detailing from. Also all of the massive information that Mike Phillips has in his articles on the forum threads he makes is amazing on how and why and what and when to do when you are detailing your car.

/ Tony

10. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post