autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Graphene

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Graphene

    What has the board hear about this new product?
    Has anyone used any of it?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Graphene

    Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    What has the board hear about this new product?
    Has anyone used any of it?
    I hear its better than ceramic, I dont think there's much available yet.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Graphene

    There is a discussion or 2 on Autopia

  4. #4
    Senior Member Rsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,608
    Post Thanks / Like

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Graphene

    My full time job has begun doing some product development with graphene. I don't know much yet, but I do know it is VERY expensive.

  6. Likes SWETM liked this post
  7. #6
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    7,397
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Graphene

    Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    I don't know much yet, but I do know it is VERY expensive.
    These companies are moving in the opposite direction to get any of my business.

    I do not need (or want) something to last X amount of years. Especially when it has to be maintained in the same way (but with greater expense) as conventional sealants/waxes/hybrids.

    I like (love) my bi-yearly routine of applying my LSP, and call me whatever you will........ But my 476 costs about $22 for 9 ounces which will easily last well over a decade. Not hundreds of dollars for something that will coat one car and the leftovers will not keep.

    Sorry, chemists..........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  8. #7
    Senior Member FUNX650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    20,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Graphene

    Quote Originally Posted by mk9750 View Post
    My full time job has begun doing some
    product development with graphene.
    I don't know much yet, but I do know
    it is VERY expensive.
    Very expensive...indeed!
    I’ve seen it selling at $200 a gram.

    •Let’s see...
    [and relying on what memory I have
    left of the old CBD conversion chart ]:
    -There are 28.35 grams in an ounce
    -28.35 X $200 = $5,670 per ounce


    •For the ’formulators/blenders’:
    -Being that Graphene is only one atom of carbon
    “thick”, it’s considered as being two-dimensional.
    -With that in mind: Graphene only costs around
    $542,000 per “cubic” meter.


    Will that be Cash, or Credit Card?



    Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

  9. Likes PaulMys, bofh liked this post
  10. #8
    Senior Member Rsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Graphene

    Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Very expensive...indeed!
    I’ve seen it selling at $200 a gram.

    •Let’s see...
    [and relying on what memory I have
    left of the old CBD conversion chart ]:
    -There are 28.35 grams in an ounce
    -28.35 X $200 = $5,670 per ounce


    •For the ’formulators/blenders’:
    -Being that Graphene is only one atom of carbon
    “thick”, it’s considered as being two-dimensional.
    -With that in mind: Graphene only costs around
    $542,000 per “cubic” meter.


    Will that be Cash, or Credit Card?



    Bob
    Good way to save some money, Bob...scratch your paint with a #2 pencil.

  11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
  12. #9
    Senior Member FUNX650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    20,616
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Graphene

    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Good way to save some money, Bob...
    scratch your paint with a #2 pencil.
    What a bunch of “b%!+#<?@”!

    OOOPS...I meant:
    That’d be a bunch of ”Buckyballs”!



    Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

  13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
  14. #10
    Senior Member Sizzle Chest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    4,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Graphene

    I've used it and liked it. Still testing it out, been a few months and still going strong.
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology


  15. Thanks luckydawg thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?
    By Mgavin1985 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-21-2020, 02:30 PM

Members who have read this thread: 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» September 2020

S M T W T F S
3031 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 123