autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salt dust

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salt dust

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Brumby View Post
    So I found a solution, I just rinsed the car with the hose. No washing no wiping, just a straight hard water rinse! I followed up with the leaf blower (no towels) and the coating did its job!
    The dust rinsed off completely and just left some minor streaks.
    I'll just have to rinse a

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    If you have a PW and a foamcannon and a leafblower that you mentioned. You can go through with a touchless wash on ceramic coatings pretty good. Not that it gets perfectly cleaned if it's too dirty. But say once or 2 between a contact wash. Then it's how you have the water outlets and the temperature outside needs to be above the freezing point. But you can get a little cleaner car in between the washes with 10-15 minutes of a wash. Gtechnic W4 Citrus Foam and Griots Garage BOSS Foaming Surface Wash and Gyeon Foam in that order would what I would look at as a touchless foam wash. And when you need a follow up with the wanted wash method is fine to be doing after a prewash with the same product.

Finally a good day for me to wash. 47F and dry humidity for a change LOL. Just getting all of the things out and back is a hazzle but worth it. Last wash where mid november so it's needed LOL. Have taken before shots and thinking on getting a thread done how I winter wash a car. Just for fun and shareing how it's here in Sweden. So have to start now so I'm done before it gets dark.

With just a rinse off and blowdry if it's gets nasty directly after is good to be doing. The prewash/touchless with a PW just gets a little more dirt build up off and with an aid with the foam or if you have a weak APC/degreaser solution you can get a dirty vehical look good from a distance.

/ Tony

2. Likes Reuben Brumby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Hang in there. Starting about now:
    It’s only ~84 days, 6 hrs., and 57 min.
    ‘til April 1st, 2020.

Bob
    Spring doesnt show up here till may 15thSalt dust

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you have a PW and a foamcannon and a leafblower that you mentioned. You can go through with a touchless wash on ceramic coatings pretty good. Not that it gets perfectly cleaned if it's too dirty. But say once or 2 between a contact wash. Then it's how you have the water outlets and the temperature outside needs to be above the freezing point. But you can get a little cleaner car in between the washes with 10-15 minutes of a wash. Gtechnic W4 Citrus Foam and Griots Garage BOSS Foaming Surface Wash and Gyeon Foam in that order would what I would look at as a touchless foam wash. And when you need a follow up with the wanted wash method is fine to be doing after a prewash with the same product.

Finally a good day for me to wash. 47F and dry humidity for a change LOL. Just getting all of the things out and back is a hazzle but worth it. Last wash where mid november so it's needed LOL. Have taken before shots and thinking on getting a thread done how I winter wash a car. Just for fun and shareing how it's here in Sweden. So have to start now so I'm done before it gets dark.

With just a rinse off and blowdry if it's gets nasty directly after is good to be doing. The prewash/touchless with a PW just gets a little more dirt build up off and with an aid with the foam or if you have a weak APC/degreaser solution you can get a dirty vehical look good from a distance.

/ Tony
    I dont have a pressure washer but I do use the Griots foam gun. I also wash inside my heated garage.
    Does carpro have any comparable touchless wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Not a dedicated prewash foam. You can use MultiX and maybe TRIX as a pretreatment with just spraying them on. Maybe MultiX would work in the foamcannon or foam gun but it's very expensive option. Even if it's concentrated you use much more product when you foam. But say a regualar pump pressure spray bottle and MultiX in 1:20-1:30. And apply a thin layer of it and let it dwell and rinsing it off.

This is Sonax version of the TRIX that we have here in Sweden. Applyied from bottom and up up to the door handle. So it's both a tar remover and iron remover in the same bottle. They both get less aggressive when you have them both. Then I foamed on the a 50/50 of Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and the BH Auto-Foam. And adjusted it on the chemical mix setting on the foamcannon. So I didn't rinsed off the Sonax Intensive Degreaser and foamed right over it. After dwelling a long time this is what a pass or 2 gets with a Kärcher K7 electric PW.

This has not been washed since mid november. There where places where it had some road film left. I did take too long time with aggitate lightly with a brush around cracks and crevices and emblems and such. On the second picture you see how much of the aggitations do around the door handle. But also this loosens the dirt so it's able to be clean rinsing it off. As you can see in the first picture I start at the bottom and work my way up. This I do with every pretreatment that I do and when contact wash I do as usually start at the top and work my way down. Now when I let it dwell too long and even if it didn't dry. The dirt re-attached to the paint again and I did get way less off from the hood and the roof when I came to them. But the Tac System Mystic Bubble which is very simualar to Reset car soap did get it off cleanly when I contact washed it. Usually I see very little of dirt in the rinse bucket. Which I have just for I'm interested to see how effective my prewash where. This time it failed a little LOL. But not any extremly dirty rinse water. I think that the prewashes I do have reduced the wash marring to very little. When I polished the hood and the roof in early december. The clay bar didn't picked up hardly any contaminants and a finishing polish step on the roof made them go away. And the last time it where polished where 2 1/2 years ago. Much of the finer swirls comes from removing ice and snow on the paint. We have a law that nothing build up of ice or snow can be on the vehicals. This is on my Kia cee'd SW with a silver metallic paint which is on the softer side of hardness of the clearcoat. The car I washed today in the pictures is my stepfathers Ford Focus I maintain when I'm able to. This needs to be compounded and polished badly. But looks okay on a distance LOL.
    This is after the washing and the LSP where totaly failed. It got dark after I was done with applying Sonax Spray and Seal on it. So no LSP on this first picture and after Sonax Spray and Seal on the roof

Which coating do you have on the cars?

/ Tony

Skickat från min SM-T595 via Tapatalk

6. Likes Reuben Brumby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Not a dedicated prewash foam. You can use MultiX and maybe TRIX as a pretreatment with just spraying them on. Maybe MultiX would work in the foamcannon or foam gun but it's very expensive option. Even if it's concentrated you use much more product when you foam. But say a regualar pump pressure spray bottle and MultiX in 1:20-1:30. And apply a thin layer of it and let it dwell and rinsing it off.

This is Sonax version of the TRIX that we have here in Sweden. Applyied from bottom and up up to the door handle. So it's both a tar remover and iron remover in the same bottle. They both get less aggressive when you have them both. Then I foamed on the a 50/50 of Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and the BH Auto-Foam. And adjusted it on the chemical mix setting on the foamcannon. So I didn't rinsed off the Sonax Intensive Degreaser and foamed right over it. After dwelling a long time this is what a pass or 2 gets with a Kärcher K7 electric PW.

This has not been washed since mid november. There where places where it had some road film left. I did take too long time with aggitate lightly with a brush around cracks and crevices and emblems and such. On the second picture you see how much of the aggitations do around the door handle. But also this loosens the dirt so it's able to be clean rinsing it off. As you can see in the first picture I start at the bottom and work my way up. This I do with every pretreatment that I do and when contact wash I do as usually start at the top and work my way down. Now when I let it dwell too long and even if it didn't dry. The dirt re-attached to the paint again and I did get way less off from the hood and the roof when I came to them. But the Tac System Mystic Bubble which is very simualar to Reset car soap did get it off cleanly when I contact washed it. Usually I see very little of dirt in the rinse bucket. Which I have just for I'm interested to see how effective my prewash where. This time it failed a little LOL. But not any extremly dirty rinse water. I think that the prewashes I do have reduced the wash marring to very little. When I polished the hood and the roof in early december. The clay bar didn't picked up hardly any contaminants and a finishing polish step on the roof made them go away. And the last time it where polished where 2 1/2 years ago. Much of the finer swirls comes from removing ice and snow on the paint. We have a law that nothing build up of ice or snow can be on the vehicals. This is on my Kia cee'd SW with a silver metallic paint which is on the softer side of hardness of the clearcoat. The car I washed today in the pictures is my stepfathers Ford Focus I maintain when I'm able to. This needs to be compounded and polished badly. But looks okay on a distance LOL.
    This is after the washing and the LSP where totaly failed. It got dark after I was done with applying Sonax Spray and Seal on it. So no LSP on this first picture and after Sonax Spray and Seal on the roof

Which coating do you have on the cars?

/ Tony

Skickat från min SM-T595 via Tapatalk
    I have 2 coats ok carpro CQuartz UK 3.0 and 1 coat of carpro Gliss.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12