autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A little PNS experiment coming up

Quote Originally Posted by chinee View Post
    I have never used another product that repels water and dirt as well as PNS. Because of how well it works, I’ve not made the switch to ceramic coatings as of yet. Topped with BSD, I think it’s the perfect combination for me and the conditions under which I drive and maintain my car.

This is what I’ve come to expect on the sides of my car, very little water and dirt, even in a heavy shower with dirty spray from the roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve been using PNS for my winter protection for several years now. Stuff is bulletproof. I went to coating route and actually came back to PNS. It’s so versatile.
    Right now I have it over the DG 111 I had earlier this year. I did a somewhat of a strong wash to remove any traffic film and simply applied over it for the winter. I know some on here will cringe hearing that. Hell Mike P. Puts it over jeweling wax. If it will stick over carnauba, it will stick over anything. Will maybe not last as long, but in my experience I get an easy 6+ months easy even slathering over whatever LSP I had on for the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

2. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, chinee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice testing jdgamble!

Will be interesting to see how does on the other side between another protection product or you maybe apply it on the unprotected paint you do the testing on now.

You who like PNS and BSD. I think honestly if you have a great maintance. You should look into the Sonax CC36 coating. Now this coating is basicly made with the same protection technology that's in PNS and BSD. And also this is a little strange as the 36 is in months the coatings longevity claim. But that is if you maintain it with PNS every 6 months. On it's own it's around a year of longevity from it. So if you have a great maintance where you don't get a lot of marring from the washes and drying during 2-3 years. I think that the Sonax CC36 coating could be an option to go with for a great base protection. The Guz did a 1 year run with CC36 coating and it did well for him. I just mean that you can get a little higher protection with the CC36 and maintain it with PNS and BSD. See the added cost of the PNS as a top coating and it's pretty good value for it. Maybe the CC36 is a little high priced for what it gives you. Sonax reps says that the CC36 is needed to be topped and recommended to use PNS every 6 months. See it as a decon wash and topping it with PNS and you have a high performance coating for 3 years. Just an option to you who like the PNS and BSD and want to get a long high performance coating on your paint.

Edit: looked up the price of it on AGO and I think it's been lowered actually or I didn't remember correctly LOL. The Sonax CC36 Coating is at $80 which is in the middle of the consumer coatings. What I remembered it where over $100 at least before. Maybe others remember how it where. Anyways it's decent priced I think at $80.

SONAX CC36 Ceramic Coating

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little interim review comment. I also put PNS on my car a couple weeks ago. Since then it has rained multiple times and I’ve been driving all over wet roads. I sprayed it down with a pressure washer yesterday. Here is what it looks like.

A little PNS experiment coming up-img_1754-jpg

Pretty crazy. Very few water spots. In general, it looks like it was just washed.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

5. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PNS, very versatile. I'm itching to go with a DIY ceramic coating, but can't convince myself it's worth it while I still have PNS on my shelf.

Your bimmer looks great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12