autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Reapplying WDGPS

Hi,

This is my first post so be gentle. I applied a layer of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant approx. 5 months ago to my 2017 Mustang GT then a layer of Pinnacle Signature II wax over it. It is time to reapply and I would like advice regarding whether i can just reapply another layer of each over the existing layer or do I have to use a pre-wax cleaner like Wolfgang paintwork polish remover to remove the first layer.

Thanks,
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reapplying WDGPS

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, I think you will be fine just re-applying WGDGPS after a wash and dry. It should cut through anything that's left on the paint nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

I would use the Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer first. Polishing the paint surface first will get you the best results and durability from the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer is absolutely fabulous for producing that elusive, show-ready wet-shine look. This polish actually enhances and

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    I would use the Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer first. Polishing the paint surface first will get you the best results and durability from the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer is absolutely fabulous for producing that elusive, show-ready wet-shine look. This polish actually enhances and

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine.
    ^^^^ Do a baggie test to see if you need to clay first.

Post Thanks / Like

5 months is pretty good longevity out of the WDGPS. Clay and polish is always a good choice before applying a new layer of sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    5 months is pretty good longevity out of the WDGPS. Clay and polish is always a good choice before applying a new layer of sealant.
    Remember Uncle D., he said he topped it interim with another product, so no, not 5 months just from WGDGPS.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I see no basic common sense of beating your brains and body out, cutting days off your life, $50-$100 spent, and a few days worth of work of hard prep with clay, cleansers, bada bing-bada bang, just to throw another coat of the same stuff you been using.

I think it's over-thinking it all. Keep polishing, claying, stripping, and there won't be be anything left to protect!

What did we all do 30 years ago? Why am I thinking of "King Tut" at this point? LOL

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Remember Uncle D., he said he topped it interim with another product, so no, not 5 months just from WGDGPS.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I see no basic common sense of beating your brains and body out, cutting days off your life, $50-$100 spent, and a few days worth of work of hard prep with clay, cleansers, bada bing-bada bang, just to throw another coat of the same stuff you been using.

I think it's over-thinking it all. Keep polishing, claying, stripping, and there won't be be anything left to protect!

What did we all do 30 years ago? Why am I thinking of "King Tut" at this point? LOL

YouTube
    The back breaking, shoulder aching work of claying and polishing is where the fun is. I am not a professional so I look for any excuse to break out the polisher.

8. Likes hoyt66 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    The back breaking, shoulder aching work of claying and polishing is where the fun is. I am not a professional so I look for any excuse to break out the polisher.
    But it's like grabbing a sledge hammer to kill a fly. Sometimes, less is more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    But it's like grabbing a sledge hammer to kill a fly. Sometimes, less is more.
    Killing a fly with a sledge hammer? Now that’s cool!

11. Likes hoyt66 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice guys. The GT has only 3000 miles on it so the paintwork is in great condition. I will do the baggie test tomorrow to see if I need to clay bar. If I don't need to clay I will weigh up if I need to use the Wolfgang Polish Enhancer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast