autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Wolfgang DGPS alternatives?

The time is approaching to choose a new LSP, my car is a metalic black VW.

The paint is in reasonably good condition but will be properly prepared, well as good as I can get it.

Last time I used WDGPS, it looked great, but now I want to use something to make it look `Wow!`

Having read umpteen threads I still can`t decide what to go with but have narrowed it down.

Gyeon CanCoat.
    Polish Angel Master Sealant.
    Blackfire SiO2 Spray Sealant.

There maybe some other product I should be considering?
    I would appreciate your thoughts as to what product to use and why.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang DGPS alternatives?

WGDGPS is pretty hard to outdo as far as looks IMO.

What I found though, and some others here totally agree, is topping WGDGPS with Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detailer Spray. A killer combo.

What could possibly change the final outcome in the looks department, might be dependent upon "what prep products" you are using beforehand?

If you're going to polish with a DA prior, might help to mention what products, and pads used?

You might be able to better fine tune final beauty with those products first.

3. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Likes Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    WGDGPS is pretty hard to outdo as far as looks IMO.

If you're going to polish with a DA prior, might help to mention what products, and pads used?

You might be able to better fine tune final beauty with those products first.
    I`ll be using a DA but as yet products and pads is also undecided as I`m also researching those too.

Maybe Scholl S20 Black ... dunno yet though for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I just used PBL Sealant as my winter LSP on a silver Acura and remembered how awesome it is... but I agree it’s hard to outdo DGPS... it’s competitive with that though.

On my black Q5 I used Cancoat (1st time trying), and while the beading and self cleaning are amazing, I wouldn’t say the gloss is overwhelming. It’s very nice but doesn’t look as nice as DGPS on this particular paint. Sorry, no pics at the moment.

6. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Use WGDGPS and top it with Fuzion Wax (spray or paste). Looks so deep and wet.
    Bruno Soares

8. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to start venturing into coatings then CanCoat would be a good option. If you want to stay with a sealant then any of the other options plus whatever you have will work.

10. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel View Post
    I`ll be using a DA but as yet products and pads is also undecided as I`m also researching those too.

Maybe Scholl S20 Black ... dunno yet though for sure.
    There's probably a 100 ways you could go with Polishes and Pads, and come out with outstanding end results.

Since we don't know the condition of your vehicle, and nobody can judge that on the web what will work best no matter how descriptive, you'll have to make that call.

And it might be wise to have a couple different Polish and Pad Combos on hand. Same with what machine and Backing Plate?

From what I know, and have read, VW's have fairly hard paint.

If, for say you have a GG6, or PC7424XP Machine with 5" Backing Plate, then I'd recommend the 5.5" LC ThinPro Pads as a top choice.

If just minor wash induced swirling-hazing, and/or just needing a little "spiffing up" to amp gloss prior to protection products, I'd likely recommend the White Pads.

In that case, a fine to ultra fine finishing Polish. Meguiars #205 fits the bill nicely. And I've always been a huge Wolfgang Fan, their Total Swirl Remover (TSR) is outstanding, no doubt made by Menzerna USA.

TSR will finish down perfectly, to a flawless show car shine, I've found no need to then go on to their "Finishing Glaze", which is actually a super fine finishing polish, not a glaze, and it probably the equivalent of Menzerna 3500-3800. But with Black Paint, that can maybe cause a need for further refinement.

Cause you see everything on Black, even a metallic Black.

For deeper "RIDS", which are Random Isolated Deeper Scratches, then perhaps WG Uber Compound, and possibly the coarser Orange Thin Pro Pads.

There's countless other combos, Carpro, Griots Polishes, Pinnacle, McKees, all trusted and foolproof products, besides countless others.

"You" will have to make the call, as to what will work best. The proverbial "test spot" should be employed always.

Vehicle should at least be clayed prior to Polishing, you want to get those "cooties" off the paint first. If willing to delve further, then a good Iron Remover, such as Carpro Iron-X. (Have a Clothes Pin for your Nose!) LOL

The "Plastic Baggie Test" will help you determine just how contaminant free your paint is prior to any and all further processes.

Hope this helps.

12. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the same as BSoares on my Audi with black metallic paint.

14. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you don’t want to go SIo2 try duragloss 111 or 105 best 12 $ you can spend if you want a spray sealant turtle wax seal and shine or turtle wax ceramic line

16. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish angel invincible primer with Polish Angel Cosmic. Like a coating lite, lite. Pa states 12-14 months durability if prepped with in invincible.

I also like the cancoat route for protection and add a sio2 sealant on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast