autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang DGPS alternatives?

Thanks for the replies, like I said I`m really looking for that extra bit of `wow` and wouldn`t mind using something different to WDGPS.

Perhaps I`m expecting too much from the LSP and put more effort in to prep.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's in the prep aka polishing that you get the most gloss out of. So depending on the defects you have a suitable combo of polishes or a one step polish.

When you use Polish Angel Master Sealant I would recommend if you use something like the Scholl S20 Black SS. To do a finishing polish step with their PA Esclate Lotion. Esclate Lotion is made for being preped before MS application. It has glossenhancers that deepens the color you have and works in synergy with MS. If you have paint in real good condition the Esclate Lotion is enough as it has fine abrasives in it. I used EL on a Rupes Yellow Foam Pad and finishing with 2 layers of the MS on the hood and the roof of my Kia a little over a month go. Worked great and easy to use and looked awesome on the silver metallic paint I have. Many LSP I have used can be a little bright and in the sun afterwards the metallic flakes flushes out the depth of the paint. And some darkening the paint and then it's muting the metallic flakes. It's a lot of the metallic flakes in my paint LOL. But the PA Esclate Lotion and Master Sealant does looks great with a look that bring out both the paint and the metallic flakes real good and honestly not many of the LSP has been close to this look I have. Since I live in Sweden and the use of road salt is awefull I decided to top it up with PA High Gloss after a week. It brightened it up a notch more but still not flushing out the depth of the paint. I'm very satisfied with the results of this combo. Then LSP just does so little changes on the finish. But if you use different kind of LSP you often notice the slightly difference they can be doing. Some just don't see this or do not care and can have paints that LSP don't change very much on. Pearl paints is very hard to see the difference between them for an example. A little goes a long way with Master Sealant and you can apply many coats with it. I applyied both with my 21mm longthrow polisher and a soft finishing/wax pad. This is so with all of the products from PA that they goes a long way.

I have not used WGPS. But many here likes it for the look from it and I trust when you here so many praising it that's awesome. So don't expect a huge difference between another product when you have gotten a really great product already. But you can get a slightly difference in the looks from it. Maybe something like the PA Master Sealant is to close to WGPS and going with getting you a coating look like CanCoat and PA Cosmic can give you might be a better choice for you. If you use CanCoat use Gyeon Primer Polish as a last step before applying it. And if you go with the PA Cosmic you use the PA Invicible Primer Polish. The new Cosmic has the harderness in it that gets activated when you only apply it over Invicible Primer Polish or Invicible Primer Spritz. This is not a gimmick and makes a huge difference in the longevity from Cosmic and did so on the Cosmic V2 coating before too.

Scholl S20 Black SS is a one step compound and is pad dependant. On harder paints and also on softer paints it works great. Me personally want to squeze out a little extra gloss LOL. So I do a finishing polish step and the primer polishes is awesome to use as this. Then you have a lot more great polishes to chose from but mostly it's about what defects on the paint you have and your expectations from the correction and finishing. If you have a lot of deeper defects on your VW. Be prepared to get very aggressive combo to knock them down as the paint is often very hard.

/ Tony

3. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Tony, I`m doing my best to take all this knowledge on board.

There`s no major defects with the paint, just light / mid swirling.

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Use WGDGPS and top it with Fuzion Wax (spray or paste). Looks so deep and wet.
    This sounds like great advice.

What about Blackfire Midnight Sun?
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

7. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel View Post
    Thanks for the replies, like I said I`m really looking for that extra bit of `wow` and wouldn`t mind using something different to WDGPS.

Perhaps I`m expecting too much from the LSP and put more effort in to prep.
    The "Wax/Sealant vs. Coatings" argument can also be looked at from this angle:

Do you mind applying something (LSP) every 5-6 months? If not, a hybrid wax/sealant is sufficient. Wash, dry, apply a spray wax when possible, and that is the care.

Or, do you want a year (+/-) worth of protection with the same amount of care as above? Easier contaminate removal with a wash but the same regimen (Toppers, more expensive dedicated products, etc.)
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    This sounds like great advice.

What about Blackfire Midnight Sun?
    Midnight Sun should look great too. Similar to Fusion, looks good on everything including metallic. Can’t go wrong with either.

10. Thanks Kneel thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12