autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Hydro2 foam dilution, Am I crazy?

Hello autogeekers, Happy holidays!

I'm getting ready for a nice maintenance wash on my detailing board with wheels. I wanted to use my carpro hydro2 foam in a bucket so I can have more control and do it by section. I figure I could throw the leftover into my foam cannon. Then I looked and saw the dilution ratio of 1:9 in a wash bucket which one would assume was a 5 gallon bucket but lets give them the benefit of the doubt and use the very small 3 gallon bucket to wash my suv.

They are telling me I need to use 14 ounces of soap for 1 gallon of water. So if I use my small bucket I need 42 OUNCES OF SOAP! In a 3 gallon wash bucket? Please someone tell me my math is wrong? I bought the small bottle. I don't think there is even 14 ounces in the bottle? And even if there was thats only enough to make 1 gallon of soap. Clearly not enough to wash a car with. Not even one of those little compact circus cars people rent.

I don't understand how Carpro can sell a car wash foaming shampoo product in a bottle that is far to small to even wash one car? I feel ripped off to say the least. Has anyone else had this problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Hydro2 foam dilution, Am I crazy?

The directions clearly state that this can be used as a hand washing soap. Even if I put it into a foam cannon at 1:9 in the bottle the finial dilution coming out of the cannon would be far lower then that. What am I missing here? I would like to use the bottle I bought.

CarPro HydroFoam

Post Thanks / Like

I only use it premixed in a spray bottle. Not as a bucket wash. Spray panel, wipe it over with a mitt and then blast off. I only use it as a second wash on the wheels after they have been cleaned with the shampoo. I've only used it that way to wash my pickup truck like twice over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use as a soap but instead off buckets the soap is applied with a foam cannon or foam sprayer. I use a trigger foam sprayer then was with a wet mitt or sometimes I’ll spray soap on wash media. I do use a rinse bucket with grit guards. There’s plenty of lubrication this way, word of caution don’t use in sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow both of those ways are clever. I do have a small Ik foamer I could use. Still ridiculous that they expect you to use three small bottles of shampoo for one 3 gallon bucket wash. False advertising to me.

Also I am probably going to skip it because I get the feeling from you guys that it's not worth the effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Wow both of those ways are clever. I do have a small Ik foamer I could use. Still ridiculous that they expect you to use three small bottles of shampoo for one 3 gallon bucket wash. False advertising to me.
    I think the AG store website didn't do a good job of explaining CarPro's recommended method for "hand washing" with HydroFoam. Indeed, CarPro doesn't even mention using it in a bucket wash.

Here's CarPro's own words :

Directions by Hand:

1. Rinse vehicle
    2. Spray HydroFoam (diluted 1:9) from a spray bottle onto panel(s) OR apply small amount directly to wet mitt and spread
    3. Wash with mitt (as usual)
    4. Rinse mitt and panel(s)
    5. Move to next panel(s) and repeat steps 2-4
    6. Rinse the entire vehicle well
    7. Dry any remaining water by blowing off and or with Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy towel or Dry Me Crazy Jr.