autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clearcut Dust

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clearcut Dust

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    He said that he is removing visible oxidation. You are removing a lot of dead clearcoat. It would be normal for your pads to load up quickly and cause dusting.
    Good point

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    He said that he is removing visible oxidation. You are removing a lot of dead clearcoat. It would be normal for your pads to load up quickly and cause dusting.
    that was what I was assuming, but when I moved on to better panels it was still dusty. Started using Guz suggestion if two easy passes then 2 with pressure. Still not zero dust but a lot less.

Post Thanks / Like

Given the truck is covered in dust now, what is the normal course of action for the second stage paint correction? Planning to do Essence Extreme next, then CQUK. I’ve always finished previous cars with essence then straight to eraser and CQUK. I’m just concerned there is so much dust that will contaminate the CQUK somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarkmac View Post
    that was what I was assuming, but when I moved on to better panels it was still dusty. Started using Guz suggestion if two easy passes then 2 with pressure. Still not zero dust but a lot less.
    Unfortunately it is not a dust free compound. CarPro needs to get rid of that from their label. At least you got better results. If you want zero dusting then I would look into Sonax Cut Max, Meguiar's M110 or 3D ACA.

Given the truck is covered in dust now, what is the normal course of action for the second stage paint correction? Planning to do Essence Extreme next, then CQUK. I’ve always finished previous cars with essence then straight to eraser and CQUK. I’m just concerned there is so much dust that will contaminate the CQUK somewhere.
    Do you have any N914? You could use that as a waterless wash to remove it. You could also use Eraser and a go slightly more heavy.

Post Thanks / Like

I have Ech2O that I can use as a rinsless or waterless wash. I was just thinking of even spraying it down with water to get the dust off. Given I’m going over it again with essence, it would clean up any water spots or otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use Ech2o since you are going to polish with Essence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You can use Ech2o since you are going to polish with Essence.
    it took most of the dust off well. However there are still lots of stuck on parts of polish dust. I didn’t want to rub them with Ech2o. Maybe I just need to use IPA mix or Eraser on those.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m trying Carpro clearcut for the first time. Trying to bring back to life a 2005 Xterra that has some oxidation on horizontal surfaces and just lots of swirls on vertical panels. The oxidized areas of the hood took a few iterations of the 2-3 light passes then 2-3 pressure passes to finish. Using orange Lake Country, swapping to new clean pad after hood, and after one side.

my question is about the dust. Carpro suggests it’s non-dust, but holy hell, I have loads of dust. So much dust that I will need to wash down with reset before moving to the Essence extreme phase.

should I be seeing loads of dust, or am I doing something wrong with the product? I’ve used Essence a few times and very little to no dust.

Should also note the xterra was washed, clayed, and ironx before starting with clearcut.
    Normal. It will dust but more so with wool pads of course. Still far less than say 101 or 105 and it cuts better and finishes out better too. Essence....no, it won't dust when applied with a clean pad.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

I have learned to embrace the dust. There are many factors that may help control it, but at the end of the day, a compound is a compound.

10. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12