autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Opti Gloss vs Wolgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Happy holidays all. I've just purchased a new to me audi tt-rs in nardo grey. The paint is in very reasonable condition with just under 3k miles on it, although there are 3 very small rock chips I will be repairing.

I own both the opti gloss and the dgps (as well as the spritz). Looking for insight from anyone who has experience with both products as to which to try first? Application isn't a concern for me, I have the time/space - just want the best outcome.

I had considered the opti gloss may help on panels with the rock chip repairs to better "blend" three areas, but pure speculation on my point right now - would love thoughts on this as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opti Gloss vs Wolgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Depends on what you are after. If you want to try a coating then go with gloss coat. Just be aware that it and in general coatings won't prevent rock chips. Paint Protection Film would be what you are looking for if that is what you are trying to achieve.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, looking for a coating. Something to produce some gloss/slickness and repel the elements.

Well aware that neither will prevent rock chips, but I am 'thinking' that opti gloss would help to "blend" a repaired chip a bit. But again, maybe that's just hopeful.

Post Thanks / Like

Then go ahead and use gloss coat. A majority of the gloss will come from polishing. Gloss Coat has that typical tacky coating sensation.

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is very slick and glossy. The Optimum Gloss-Coat Paint Coating is more durable, but it's pretty tacky feeling. I personally like the look and feel of the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

I would look at the Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair Kits. They blend pretty nicely with factory paint.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine.

Optimum Gloss-Coat Paint Coating

Dr. ColorChip Paint Chip Repair, dr. color chip, repair paint chips, touch-up paint, Doctor Color-Chip Paint Chip Repair

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SupercarSean View Post
    I own both the opti gloss and the dgps
    (as well as the spritz).
    ...looking for a coating.
    •Then that rules out the dgps.

•However...
    -I wouldn’t rule out the spritz at this time.
    [You never know: You may want to use
    it as an OG (or other Coating) maintenance
    product someday. ]

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both and Gloss Coat will be easier to maintain down the road. Plus it will look glassy compared to Wolfgangs liquidy wax look.
    Gloss Coat will outlast DGPS by a big margin.

Buy some Opti seal( sold here) or Hyper Seal(not sold here) to make the not so slippery( not my opinion) into slippery-er.

After all that, I ditched both of those for CQuartz UK3 and Gliss.

Opti seal is by far one of the best drying aids. I use ECH20/Reload now for the product synergy.

8. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •Then that rules out the dgps.

•However...
    -I wouldn’t rule out the spritz at this time.
    [You never know: You may want to use
    it as an OG (or other Coating) maintenance
    product someday. ]

Bob
    Apologies. I may not be using the correct vernacular when I say "coating". What I mean is a product to bead water, and repel the dirt/grime/salt that we see here on a regular basis and make my washing easier/more efficient and provide some extra depth and gloss to the oem paint.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    I have used both and Gloss Coat will be easier to maintain down the road. Plus it will look glassy compared to Wolfgangs liquidy wax look.
    Gloss Coat will outlast DGPS by a big margin.

Buy some Opti seal( sold here) or Hyper Seal(not sold here) to make the not so slippery( not my opinion) into slippery-er.

After all that, I ditched both of those for CQuartz UK3 and Gliss.

Opti seal is by far one of the best drying aids. I use ECH20/Reload now for the product synergy.
    I appreciate the insight here. Can you elaborate on "glassy" vs "waxy"? Also, what do you like about Cquartz and Gliss compared to other product? I

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I would say glassy meaning a more articulate mirror reflection where as a sealant is more a muted reflection. With the coating shine lasting longer.

Cquartz is just as easy to use as Gloss Coat and a better deal. Reviews say Cquartz has better longevity.

So far the CQUK is better in every category. I live where it salts/sands & brines in winter and clean up is much better than the other 2.
    I still get the film on the lower side panels that shows on the wash mitt but it sure feels like the pressure washer blasts most of it away.

Last year I gave WGDP3.0 another shot through winter and regretting not coating it every day. I had a tube of Gloss Coat but just wanted to confirm it 1 more time.

The initial polishing, 2 coats of CQ and 1 of Gliss takes a bit of time but it is one of those favorite mods kind of thing. Totally worth it.
    Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies. I may not be using the correct vernacular when I say "coating". What I mean is a product to bead water, and repel the dirt/grime/salt that we see here on a regular basis and make my washing easier/more efficient and provide some extra depth and gloss to the oem paint.
    Let’s see if this helps.

Gloss Coat is a coating. Often referred to as ceramic, SiO2, glass, etc.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is a paint sealant. Often referred to as a synthetic wax.

In general a coating is going to be more durable. Not always the case as it’s dependent on the environment it is exposed to.

Both products will bead, sheet and make it easier to clean. With a coating having a better self cleaning effect.

The next question is are you planning to polish or prep the paint in any way prior to applying Gloss Coat?

I appreciate the insight here. Can you elaborate on "glassy" vs "waxy"? Also, what do you like about Cquartz and Gliss compared to other product? I
    Coatings give that glassy look. As if the paint is dipped in glass.

Some sealants can give that warm glow like a wax.

Cquartz is more durable than gloss coat but gloss coat is easier to apply. Gliss will give slickness to Cquartz UK as Cquartz UK is tacky and more tacky than gloss coat.

12. Likes spazzz liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast