autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Hyper Compound, Intensive Polish, and Hyper Polish Sprayers: Working Alternative Sprayers

Are the stock sprayers that come with these chemicals highly specific to these chemicals?

Has anyone else found a different sprayer that works better than these ones with consistent success?

It particularly clogs with Optimum Hyper Compound (as many already know). But hey, if you know anything different, I’d like to know.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Hyper Compound, Intensive Polish, and Hyper Polish Sprayers: Working Alternative Sprayers

No experience with any of them, but OPT recommends putting some stainless steel nuts into them to help mix up the abrasives.

Could be worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Hyper Compound, Intensive Polish, and Hyper Polish Sprayers: Working Alternative Sprayers

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    No experience with any of them, but OPT recommends putting some stainless steel nuts into them to help mix up the abrasives.

Could be worth a shot.

Thanks for your input. Currently, I am doing that. NOTHING!

I would love to make it work. But honestly, I may just stick to my go-to compounds and polishes. Pouring it out defeats the whole purpose.

I love the idea of the system, but if it’s going to slow me down...well that’s a problem.

4. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Tran View Post
    Thanks for your input. Currently, I am doing that. NOTHING!

I would love to make it work. But honestly, I may just stick to my go-to compounds and polishes. Pouring it out defeats the whole purpose.

I love the idea of the system, but if it’s going to slow me down...well that’s a problem.
    I usually see people on their Facebook group recommending hyper intensive polish over hyper compound, not that I think that’s incredibly helpful input.

It’s unfortunate that it seems to clog so often. I believe the standard cream compound on their website, I think it’s called optimum compound II or something? Is the same thing as hyper compound. So that could be worth looking into if you like HC and want to stay in the family.

Again, no experience with their line of polishes, just going off what I’ve read when I come across one of those threads. So please don’t beat me up when I’m waking to my car if it’s incorrect.

Post Thanks / Like

I know they come with those green sprayers. I forget where I ordered my bottle of hyper polish but it came with a generic black sprayer and it seems to work ok. No clogging issues.

I don't use the other two products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I usually see people on their Facebook group recommending hyper intensive polish over hyper compound, not that I think that’s incredibly helpful input.

It’s unfortunate that it seems to clog so often. I believe the standard cream compound on their website, I think it’s called optimum compound II or something? Is the same thing as hyper compound. So that could be worth looking into if you like HC and want to stay in the family.

Again, no experience with their line of polishes, just going off what I’ve read when I come across one of those threads. So please don’t beat me up when I’m waking to my car if it’s incorrect.

Noted. I won’t hold it against you. Lol.

I am not married to Optimum. I have my favorites that I still use. I got them at a reasonable price. So it’s not a 100% lost.

Post Thanks / Like

When I'm done I spray ONR thru the sprayer, haven't had any clogs and the mist remains at a finer pattern. I had issues with clogging but not since I started doing this.