autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Microfiber towel Lint

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Try the Zep cloths no lint and all the praise they get is worth it
    Do you have link to the Zep towels? I'm not finding anything searching around. I deal with lint all the time with MF and it drives me NUTS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulgyro View Post
    Do you have link to the Zep towels? I'm not finding anything searching around. I deal with lint all the time with MF and it drives me NUTS.
    Wolfstein?s Zap Cloth
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes paulgyro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    How is the feel of the material on the Zap Cloth? Is it like those you get with some eye glasses and cameras and some TVs even with like a silky smooth fabric? Or is it simualar to another cloth you know of?

Have been wondering if the material on the Carpro mf suede towels is any like those Zap Cloths. They worked great with Sonax Glass Cleaner on some dirty eye glasses. But they don't looked to have so tight of a weave the mf suede towel. So think it's a high risk that the aggressiveness of the glass can make them starting to lint quite soon but I will be trying them on the inside and outside windows on the cars and see how it goes. Anyone else that have tested the big 40×40mm Carpro Mf Suede Towels with cleaning glass with them? It's those that's recommended to be used to wipe off coatings with. The no nap glass mf towels I like has the downside that they can be very grabby when you have gotten the glass squeeqe clean. So looking for options if I see something that could work. Sadly I don't find the Zap Cloth in Sweden. So would be interesting to see if there are some simualar to those that could be working for me. Or are they pretreated with anything these Zap Cloths them selfs or is it just the material and how they are made that works so great to clean glass with?

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    How is the feel of the material on the Zap Cloth? Is it like those you get with some eye glasses and cameras and some TVs even with like a silky smooth fabric? Or is it simualar to another cloth you know of?

Have been wondering if the material on the Carpro mf suede towels is any like those Zap Cloths. They worked great with Sonax Glass Cleaner on some dirty eye glasses. But they don't looked to have so tight of a weave the mf suede towel. So think it's a high risk that the aggressiveness of the glass can make them starting to lint quite soon but I will be trying them on the inside and outside windows on the cars and see how it goes. Anyone else that have tested the big 40×40mm Carpro Mf Suede Towels with cleaning glass with them? It's those that's recommended to be used to wipe off coatings with. The no nap glass mf towels I like has the downside that they can be very grabby when you have gotten the glass squeeqe clean. So looking for options if I see something that could work. Sadly I don't find the Zap Cloth in Sweden. So would be interesting to see if there are some simualar to those that could be working for me. Or are they pretreated with anything these Zap Cloths them selfs or is it just the material and how they are made that works so great to clean glass with?

/ Tony
    Similar to those towels to clean glasses but stiffer. I bought it after some recommendation here and never got used to using it. They recommend you just get the towel wet, wipe the glass, and leave it. But that water that stays behind will leave spots unless you're using distilled water. So I end up drying the glass which is then just like if I cleaned with a normal towel. I guess I just don't know how to use the Zap cloth properly.
    Bruno Soares

6. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    But that water that stays behind will leave spots unless you're using distilled water. So I end up drying the glass which is then just like if I cleaned with a normal towel. I guess I just don't know how to use the Zap cloth properly.

If there’s a learning curve, I’m glad I haven’t ordered mine yet. Maybe those Griots PFMs alone are good enough?
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I just used it for the 1st time..

I feel like I’ve used towels like this before, but I don’t know what they’re called. It’s densely packed and firm not soft out of the bag. Almost manilla like but not really.

It’s about 16x16”

I wet it down with warm tap water from the sink and wringed it out hard as directed. Then I took it straight to my exterior drivers side window.

Wipe clean with 1 side..

Clean/final wipe with the other side.

I followed the directions and let any remaining streaks dry on their own and they really do disappear within seconds leaving perfectly clean glass on both side, flawless.

Next I used it to clean the interior side of my windshield which had never been quite perfect..

I won’t be able to fully inspect it until I view it at night, but considering the little dirt that it picked up and it’s great 1st impression, I have little doubt it left it perfect. The Zap Cloth appears to be the real deal!

Might take a bit of getting used to because I kind of like using alot of products including glass cleaner but this towel is simple and seems to really work great.

9. Thanks SWETM, Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

/ Tony
    Right out of the package, the Zap Cloth feels like a dollar bill. You have to rinse it in warm water and wring it out quite a few times before it softens up. After that, just wet it with water, wring it out and use it. There is always a bit of water left over on the glass and that is when I finish it up with the Griots glass towel.
    I wash the Zap Cloth with my microfiber towels and I have been using the same one for 2 years.

11. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not one of my MF towels knows what the inside of a dryer looks like as they only rack dry in the spare room,so far no lint ( towels are 1.5 years old). I do like the waffle weave towels for glass.
    2022 Carrera S & Honda CRV Hybrid
    2015 Lexus IS 350, 2016 Ford F-150
    Cobalt 242 (8.1 L block, Volvo outdrive)

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    If there’s a learning curve, I’m glad I haven’t ordered mine yet. Maybe those Griots PFMs alone are good enough?
    Griot’s PFM for glass (blue ones) are what I use. I’d say they’re 99% lint free, every now and then something is left behind but I’d blame that on me washing it with the rest of the towels.
    McKee’s 37 spider flip towels were great at first but now they lint a lot because the stitching that holds the sides of the towel together is fraying after a few washes.
    CarPro glass towel is fine, a little stiff so I don’t use it inside on the tint just because I’m afraid that cloth could leave marks on the tint. It’s also big and hard to get close to the edge of the glass.
    Bruno Soares

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve used several glass towels Rag company, speed master, waffle weaves. Used with a few different cleaners, McKee’s, Stoners invisible, sprayaway. Zep beats them all.

As said before have to rinse couple times and wring them hard and they work well.

I’m currently using the other products on the outside and the Zeps on inside till I run out of products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast