autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waxing Black Car

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    FUNX650 beat me to it. Try the TW Color Magic Jet Black Polish which will (supposedly fill in light swirls and scratches and leave some protection. Turtle Wax also used to sell a “chip stick”, but as far as I can tell is no longer in stock. If you would like to support the Autogeek forum sponsors you could buy some Blackfire BlackIce Hybrid Montan Sealant Wax, which differs from the TW Color Magic in that it does not contain any abrasives similar to the “white” wax that you previously applied.

I’m guessing from your post count (welcome by the way) that you are fairly new to this detailing stuff. If I was in your shoes and just wanted to cover up the white spots and get on with my life I would bite the bullet and get the Blackfire Wax. Just slap on a coat over the white spotted area then wipe off and drive on. It’s a very good (and expensive) wax that you will use on the remainder of the vehicle too. It’s good stuff and lasts 3-4 months on daily driven vehicles. Pick up a bottle of Blackfire Carnauba Spray Wax to use after you wash to restore that just waxed look in a fraction of the time of a full wax job. Happy Waxing!
    I used the Color Magic on a dark charcoal car I had and it worked quite well. The end result was certainly much better than the white specks. Was not a long lasting protectant, but I am sure that could be extended with many of today's spray sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Angelwax make a product called Dark Angel and it’s for black cars the wax is also black in color. I tried it on my black SLK and it will mask lite swirls and Scratches. You can order a small jar from them just to try.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello All,

I just got a black SUV couple of weeks back, Ford Endeavour 3.2L in India (called Ford Everest in Australia), an SUV offshoot of Ford Ranger platform in US.

I am a kind of old school and take pleasure in layering wax on the car.
    I have started today with Klasse AIO + Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, its already making me go weak in knees with its wet shine and gloss.
    Tomorrow I plan to layer it Collinite 845 , followed by Collinite 915.

I still have Meg's Tech Wax 2 in kitty but it doesn't fit in current application plan.

Any comments/recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stumann View Post
    I cleaned, buffed and waxed my black HHR about a week ago. It's a high mileage car and has it's fair share of chips and scratches. What's happening now is that the wax that is in every chip on the car has turned a bright white. I thought I'd look up and try to find a wax that is black in color so when it dries, it won't turn white. A Google search for "black wax" just turned up numerous products made to wax a black car, but none of them address my situation. Is there still a wax out there that is actually black in color and will help hide my chips?
    I dont think the wax turned them white. Buffing may have knocked some paint off of them. All my chips on my black car are white because the primer is exposed. Just fill the biggest ones and move on. No wax will hide it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12