autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: cheap Non Acidic pH Balanced wheel cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    D143 is a great product and it is non acidic, however in concentrate it has a high pH range of 14.5-15.5. A 2:1 dilution does not reduce the pH very much. An original pH of 15 at a 2:1 dilution will bring it down to 14.522. At 4:1 the pH comes down to 14.3 and at 10:1 it's down to 13.96. I used it at 5:1 and I always wore gloves and a mask if it was a breezy day.
    Wow I didn't know it where that high alkaline D143. That's extremly high ph level and as you mentions even if it's diluteble it don't get much lowered ph level of them afterwards. I would say if you have wheels that can handle both D143 and D140. D140 is not that acidic ph level that you would think as it's ph4.5-5.5. So think it's actually more gentle to use D140 than D143.

Another option to go with could be the Meguiars Wheel and Iron Decon D1801. It's ph neutral and it seems to be haveing a high part of the iron remover ability in it. And for maintance washes of the wheels you can test to dilute it to 1:1-1:2 and I think that you will see it works great in that dilutions also. Then just useing a car soap in the wheel bucket to get if any other dirt and grime it don't take off to be enough with the added car soap and aggitations getting it clean. Also it would be way more gentle to your wheel protection if you have that. Say that the RTU D143 has a ph14. This would be very harsh on any protection even on a ceramic coating has trouble to stand up to that kind of ph level. So the RTU or diluted D1801 would be very gentle to the wheel protection than the D143 and D140 IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Wow I didn't know it where that high alkaline D143. That's extremly high ph level and as you mentions even if it's diluteble it don't get much lowered ph level of them afterwards. I would say if you have wheels that can handle both D143 and D140. D140 is not that acidic ph level that you would think as it's ph4.5-5.5. So think it's actually more gentle to use D140 than D143.

Another option to go with could be the Meguiars Wheel and Iron Decon D1801. It's ph neutral and it seems to be haveing a high part of the iron remover ability in it. And for maintance washes of the wheels you can test to dilute it to 1:1-1:2 and I think that you will see it works great in that dilutions also. Then just useing a car soap in the wheel bucket to get if any other dirt and grime it don't take off to be enough with the added car soap and aggitations getting it clean. Also it would be way more gentle to your wheel protection if you have that. Say that the RTU D143 has a ph14. This would be very harsh on any protection even on a ceramic coating has trouble to stand up to that kind of ph level. So the RTU or diluted D1801 would be very gentle to the wheel protection than the D143 and D140 IMO.
    The D1801 looks like a good choice Tony. The pH range in concentrate is 6.3-7 making it pH neutral and it can be used on wheels and paint. It's also 60% water by composition so there is no need for dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheap wheel cleaner? I would just go down to the local auto parts store and buy whatever they have handy.

Post Thanks / Like

D143 is not recommended for all wheel finishes so be sure to take that into consideration before purchasing it. D1801 can be used on all wheel finishes and has the iron color changing feature. It can be used on wheels and paint. It is by far the worst smelling iron remover. It also requires no dilution. It is ready to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Hey Bobby!

Just wondering if the new version of Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus is in the 5L and 25L too?

The new version of the Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus you have gotten now in the US. Is actually a totaly new product here in EU. It's a much stronger iron remover part and is called Sonax Extreme Max Effect. And the value for the price of the Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus for you guys and gals is way more than before and is around of the price we have on the Max Effect too. Also the old version of Wheel Cleaner Plus was a 500ml spray bottle and the new version is 750ml as we have had both versions for a while now. The older version I get quite cheap and the last 5L jug I got for around $40. Now this store that has this is if not the biggest one then in the top of them and has only one store in Sweden. That's VAT and taxes included which is quite high here in Sweden sadly. That's sadly how it is with brands from EU gets priced higher in US and US brands gets higher priced here in EU. Meguiars is generally 2-3 times the cost and some products is 4-5 times the price here in Sweden on them. But Sonax is not so low priced here either the retail price of the old version of Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus in 750ml is around $14-$15. And I don't know how this big store can sell them for around $7-$8 as their retail price of it. So usually a family member picks up 5-6 of these every year or so. Now I where there my self and saw the awesome price on the 5L jug. I use this as my maintance wheel cleaner as it works so great with just spraying on a dry rim and let it dwell and PW clean rinsing it off. At every 2-4 wash depending on how long it gets between them as it can take a while for me sometimes is the time I use wheel brushes. Otherwise it's a touchless cleaning.

Try out the new version of Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus as it's very good and maybe even too good to use at every wash you do. But it's much more for the money with both stronger and more product since you getting the new 750ml bottle as the BSD has. If you like the new version and if Bobby confirms it's in the 5L and 25L too. Buy it in bulk the next time. Remember that you get around 42oz more in the 5L jug vs a gallon jug. When you compare gallon vs 5 liter. 5L is around 170oz so it's a little more product even if it's not so visual noticeble side by side of the gallon and 5L jug. You can compare the new version of Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus almost with Carpro IronX in the strength of the iron remover ability from it. I have tested 1 bottle of this and it's that much difference between the new and old version of it. Even if it's bleeding going with the old version it struggles with the hard sitting iron particals without aggitations. The new version you don't need to be aggitate it mostly and only if they are really neglected with a lot of bonded iron particals. So as a touchless wheel cleaner the new version is awesome to use as.

/ Tony
    The "New Formula" is available in 5L & 750ml. at the current time. We still have the old version in 25L. We're not sure if the new formula will be available in the 25L? I personally haven't used the new formula yet. I've heard it's awesome!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123