autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3” polisher purchase

I ended up pre ordering a G8 yesterday. I had the cutting out issue with my G9 and received a replacement. Well I just got around to using it yesterday and man that thing is so sweet and smooth. I had to give the G8 a shot.
    As far as the trade goes, I had contacted GG about it about 4 weeks ago and was told I could get $65 toward the G8. They said order the G8 send in the GG3 and they would credit me the $65. I ordered it last night and called in this am to start the trade process. I explained the reason for the call. I was told I would need to order the G8 by phone, no big deal because he could modify the order. Then all I would need to do is pay $179 to order a kit which included a FastCorrecting Cream and a 3” MF pad. Well guess what I have plenty of? Right,Fast Correcting Cream and MF pads I respectfully declined and will now be the owner of 2 3” buffers. Was a little put off by that but I chalked it up to a misunderstanding.
    That is all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troda View Post
    I ended up pre ordering a G8 yesterday. I had the cutting out issue with my G9 and received a replacement. Well I just got around to using it yesterday and man that thing is so sweet and smooth. I had to give the G8 a shot.
    As far as the trade goes, I had contacted GG about it about 4 weeks ago and was told I could get $65 toward the G8. They said order the G8 send in the GG3 and they would credit me the $65. I ordered it last night and called in this am to start the trade process. I explained the reason for the call. I was told I would need to order the G8 by phone, no big deal because he could modify the order. Then all I would need to do is pay $179 to order a kit which included a FastCorrecting Cream and a 3” MF pad. Well guess what I have plenty of? Right,Fast Correcting Cream and MF pads I respectfully declined and will now be the owner of 2 3” buffers. Was a little put off by that but I chalked it up to a misunderstanding.
    That is all.
    Maybe you might reconsider after sleeping on it some? Those bottles of FC Cream aren't that large, are they?
    Seems like one can never have enough Pads either. Other options are, give the extra bottle away, or try to outright sell your GG3 if you feel owning it as well is then redundant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Maybe you might reconsider after sleeping on it some? Those bottles of FC Cream aren't that large, are they?
    Seems like one can never have enough Pads either. Other options are, give the extra bottle away, or try to outright sell your GG3 if you feel owning it as well is then redundant.
    But if the G8 by itself is $129.99 and the kit is $179 sounds like it's too much for some product and pad. Basically he'd give them the GG3 and still have to pay $114 which is almost the cost of the G8 by itself.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    But if the G8 by itself is $129.99 and the kit is $179 sounds like it's too much for some product and pad. Basically he'd give them the GG3 and still have to pay $114 which is almost the cost of the G8 by itself.
    This^ I can find the pads and the cream way cheaper than retail most any day. I’ll try and sell the thing for the $65 they offered. Only has about an hour or 2 on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troda View Post
    I just bought the Adams SK micro to fill that void. Couldn’t bring myself to spend what the ibrid is going for. I also bought a g9 which failed after the first use. Not sure why it failed, but I think GG will not let it happen in the G8.
    Have you used the micro yet?? Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

I used it the day after I got it. Just playing around In my basement with the different heads. The rotary, 3mm, and the 12mm. I did a quick polish on part of my toolbox drawer and parts of a bicycle frame. The unit does show real promise and I was impressed by the lack of stalling with the 12mm head. I had just begun doing a comparison when the unit failed. I contacted them and they’re sending a replacement. When I spoke with the rep, I asked if they had seen other failures and what type. He told me, of the 2k units sold, only 10 had been returned with various issues. Some battery related issues etc. That’s pretty decent at around a 0.5% failure rate
    I should have the replacement on Friday 12/13 (uh oh!). Hopefully I will get a chance to use it for real on Saturday. If I do I’ll either post a quick impression here or maybe start another thread. Actually, I hope that’s okay if the unit cannot be purchased on AG.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear you got a bad one. I already have a 3 inch but I'm in the market for something smaller. Debating between getting an iBrid/PXE/Micro or just getting some sort of attachment for my PC that would allow 1 or 2" pads (if I can find something like that). Hope your replacement works out!

Post Thanks / Like

Got the word from Griots today. The G8 has been shipped and will be arriving on 12/19. Wasn’t technically supposed to ship until 12/16. Actually pretty excited for this, and can’t wait to see just how much better than the GG3 it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Had the chance to use it today’s at griots. Night and day above the gg3 and definitely a nicer machine than my Swirl killer mini.

Tried it on glass and had plenty of power and held rotation on the curved glass. Almost bought it but couldn’t pull the trigger due to my SK only being used twice.

Buy with confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Troda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got two Rupes Nano’s and they both work fine in rotary and DA mode. You can’t apply too much pressure, but using a microfiber pad to cut and the yellow Rupes pad to finish works great for me. Technique (and fresh batteries).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast