autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Window cleaning question

Quote Originally Posted by Shine Again View Post
    So, I also have tried everything and most the time my windows come out great but lately I have had major issues! Pretty sure I lost a good customer over it. The window would look super clean then I would walk away and come back and it would be messed up again! I am pretty sure it was his tint but I could not get him to understand that! =/ I typically use a magic eraser and then go over it with damp cloth then follow up with a spray wax detailer. More often then not my windows are spotless!
    I think if you used the Magic Eraser on the tinted windows. That can get it marred even more sadly. On bare glass though it's not a problem as long as you do a first wipe down on the outside of the windows. So you don't get any abrasive grit in ME. Can be that the owner or the previous owner or another detailer used a glass cleaner with ammonia in it. That's something that you easly can get chemical etching on tinted windows.

Maybe if you are a proffessional detailer and use a lot of glass cleaner it can be a high cost. Sonax Glass Cleaner on the inside of the windows is awesome and a little goes a long way. It's clinging on the glass so no run off if spread out when you spray it on the glass. 2 towels the first for cleaning and flip it often or when you see dirt left streaking. Then it's what the dirt the towel is able to be picking up. Then a mf glass towel that is a little thicker to soak up the residue that don't flash off. Very easy to work with and 2 sprays per the side windows is usually enough for me. And I don't clean the glass as often as I should be doing LOL.

Some like to use panel prep wipe product to clean the glass when it's really dirty. I spray this in the towel so it gets a little damp and you can spread out a layer of it and then clean it up with a second towel.

Maybe try out the Wolfstein Zep Cloth that's liked by many that you only use water to clean the glass with.

Wolfstein?s Zap Cloth

SONAX Glass Cleaner, Glass Clear, auto glass cleaner

If you like the Sonax Glass Cleaner and is a detailer you get it for half of the price when you buy the large 10L jug of it. And get it on a great sale and you save some more the small bottles is 500ml so 10L is 20 refills and a bottle gets down to $6 that way.

SONAX Glass Cleaner 5L.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A-train View Post
    Works good on interior glass.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I've found Griot's Best of Show Detailer works great - any towel and even if it's not residue free you get streak free results. But let's not mess this up for the purists who believe glass has to be free of everything to be clean (It doesn't). The only thing I wouldn't use a detailer on is the front windshield. Some films can fog up and effect visibility.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Guz posted a review of Carpro Clarify on here, I believe he said it's the best glass cleaner he's used. It's not cheap, but I still had to order some. If it's even close to as good as he claimed it'll be worth every extra penny.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m using the carpro towel didn’t know they made a window cleaner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123