autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buy The Obsessed Garage Pressure Washer?

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Good to know. I'm carefully getting away from drying aids myself. I'm trying to touch the paint as lightly as possible with the drying towel and let it soak up the water. Then I come back for a second pass with a spray and a low-nap towel.
    That's how I would use it as a drying aid if any. But the high quality drying mf towels is so effective. That it gets bone dry with one pull with the PFM style drying towels. They gets a little saturated fast IME so I use 3-4. I also keep the car wet during the wash and rinse. And when the LSP beads up the water it gets a lot of water standing on the paint. Sometimes when the weather is good for washing that is and a lower temperature. I can do a dry rinse as the last thing. Then it's reduced to 1-2 drying towels. Would be interesting to try out a GG Terry PFM Drying MF Towel as many says it holds up to a lot of water. But GG is not available in the EU sadly. My experience with drying aid was not a good one. Did it with different products and also different drying towels. They clogged my drying towels badly even if I did wash them directly after the wash. Then with the drying aid you break the water tension and the capillary holding ability that drying towels is useing to hold up as much water as possible. So found that I mostly pushed the water of the car instead of soak it up. And much more buffing kind of drying when useing a drying aid. Sure if I would have real problems with water spots after the drying. A drying aid/QD to get them off with a ordinary mf towel can be of benefit. But with useing a drying aid combo with a mf drying towel I don't see the benefit of useing. I apply a QD/spray wax/topper when the drying is done to get the most out of it. And usually an easier application with most products I use to top up the LSP with. Also if you use a blowdryer of some kind I can also see a benefit with a drying aid and a mf towel. As it's so little water standing left on the paint if any. And when I have used a leafblower on the paint and the LSP is not at the highest performance. It's when I have got water spots and needed to be useing a QD wipe down. If you have gotten the vehical thoroughly clean a drying towel will not marr or scratch the paint if you don't apply exesive pressure on it. And would it be doing that sorry but then it's time to buy a great mf drying towel that don't marring and scratches your paint.

Sorry for the rant on drying aid LOL. Don't know who started to recommend this in the beginning. But I do know that it where not the brands that did this. Then of cause they took up on it and designed products that you can use as a drying aid. But still it's not many brands that sells a specific product as just a drying aid. It's more QD/spray waxes/toppers/ WW/ RW/wax it wet that you can also use as a drying aid.

Then do what works best for you. But I would buy a new great mf drying towel and only use it to dry with no drying aid at all used with it. And see what you think about it. I like the lay it out and pull against me once and move to the next section on the horizontall panels. On the sides either padding drying or fold in 1 or 2 and the least pressure possible so you don't drop it. If it starts to leave streaks of water behind it's saturated and a fresh drying towel is needed. As it's hard to wring them out if they are great as it want to hold on to the water. Wash them separately so they don't get cross contaminanted. And I promise you will have a very effective drying when you have done it a couple of times. Around 2-3 minutes without rushing it is what it usually takes me to dry my Kia cee'd SW which is like mid sized car. Then you have the option to apply a topper if you want to and I do it maybe every 3-4 wash. And move your car a little after the wash and the hided water usually comes out to be dryied up to or blowdry out the water from the nooks and crannies and jambs. Cr@p a lot of text again LOL

2. Likes DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, you can get a karcher k5 for 250 and it has a higher gpm. Even 1.4 is not enough volume as far as I'm concerned. I wouldnt go any less then 1.4 unless you have a really small car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Is total cleaning power not a combination of pressure and flow?

I feel like, and this is how I interpreted his entire series on pressure washers, he isn’t targeting people that clean super dirty cars. For me, just using the 40 degree tip as he recommends is more than sufficient to get everything off of my car.

But you’re talking about a car that always has some form of protection on it. Even in the time when whatever I have on there has started to die down, I’ve been able to reliably rinse my car down before I hit it with the wash mitt.

Even on the occasion when I do a real thorough wash on my gfs car that gets incredibly dirty, I’ve not seen a real advantage to using a 15-25 degree tip.

I’ve found the biggest benefit to just be foaming some power clean on to the lower parts of the car and then rinsing, which leads me to believe anything incredibly filthy would benefit a lot more from a thorough prewash as opposed to just hitting it with more pressure.

Not trying to be argumentative, just thinking about this I guess. I mean, if a garden hose on the jet setting is sufficient enough to rinse anything alarming off my paint, surely 1000 psi is more than enough to get the job done.

I’m no pro though, so take my thoughts for what they are. Just rambling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree that more pressure does not give a much better wash. It's not really the pressure thats cleaning the car. you still have to hand wash. But to me the thing that makes all the difference is gpm.

Yes I can foam, rinse, foam again, wash, rinse, my car sufficiently with my 1.4 gpm washer. But if I had one with the gpms of a coin op I could do it a lot faster. Those coin ops are only like 1800 or less psi but they have a much higher gpm then any home unit I've ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

He's overpriced but people will pay that price because he's honest with video evidence

Post Thanks / Like

We move next month. I’m probably getting the Comet to put on my wall. I think he is priced fairly

7. Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What'd you end up doing?

Post Thanks / Like

If you are asking me, I got the Comet and I do love it.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Comet 1700 static as well. I really like it too. I'd been eyeballing it ever since I say it in that series of video OG did. I bought the SGS28 spray gun and wand from him, but I use the hose on the Comet. It's worked fine and is leaps and bounds better than the hose my old SunJoe had. I mounted it to my roll-around cart along with the Griots Garage water deionizer so I only need to wheel-out one thing to where I wash my cars.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Best thing to do is for him to spec out whatever he wants then just search kleen rite since their pricing is way better for the exact same items.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mckobe View Post
    He's overpriced but people will pay that price because he's honest with video evidence
    I disagree if you look at his prices he is at or below everyone else for practically everything. Its just that you have to pay for shipping which in my opinion is very fair. Yes he is very honest in his videos which is absolutely great, no bs whatsoever.
    Question is ultimately every tool is bound to crap out but how long will that take? Does better quality matter or better price? I have a sunjoe spx4000 w/50' kobrajet hose, and a kranzle 1322, mtm sgs gun and mosmatic gun. Id have to say they both work but the kranzle and mosmatic works better you can definitely feel the difference. The kranzle is and feels more powerful when you pull the trigger. Now does that really matter if youre just washing a car? Dont know if it does. That said I do like the way it feels and it does make for a better experience to me. Like anything else is personal preference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast