autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Onr vs ech2o -methods

Hi team

Water restrictions are about to take effect in Sydney Australia. I have purchased ech2o and onr. I have seen allot of videos on how to use ONR and the "garry dean method" (I like his new one which appears to be a autogeek user version with 4 sides of a towel). I have not seen any videos or instructions on Ech2o and the GD method. Can the same be used for ech2o or should it be used more cautiously like a waterless with one side of a towel per wipe?

I will prob use beadmaker, or Merlin elixir if ech2o, as a drying aid. My car is also coated with carpro cquartz lite.

Thanks in advance and i apologise if there is another thread I missed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Onr vs ech2o -methods

“Garry dean method”- According to Garry-pedia

Post Thanks / Like

Onr vs ech2o -methods

You can use either with multiple towels or wash mitts, the big red sponge, two bucket.

I had no issues using one bucket with ONR and the BRS.

I use two buckets and the BRS with Ech2o, Mckee’s N914 and Meguiar’s D114 as they don’t release dirt in one bucket compared to ONR.

4. Likes spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 8 sides of a 16" x 16" towel folded in quarter.

I use ECH20 the same way I use ONR, the GD method. My pre-rinse is ONR or my dwindling gallon of D114.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    I use 8 sides of a 16" x 16" towel folded in quarter.

I use ECH20 the same way I use ONR, the GD method. My pre-rinse is ONR or my dwindling gallon of D114.
    Is Ech2o not a good pre-rinse? OR is it just a best of both worlds situation?

As you can probably tell...I have never rinseless washed before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ozzywannabe View Post

Honestly I can't answer that since I haven't used ECH20 that way. ONR being cheaper and the encapsulating job it does, makes more since for a pre-rinse solution.
    ONR doesn't leave anything behind while ECH20d has a "modified high gloss Si02 component". In my eyes it would be like waxing a dirty car with ECH20 as a prerinse.

My results on a dirtier car persuade me to believe ONR does a better job cleaning ( WI winter type dirt ). If you are pulling the trigger go for ONR.
    I haven't tried McKees N914 but it gets stellar reviews.

Right now my cars are coated with CQUK3 and Gliss so I am using ECH20 rinseless when I can( CarPro products).
    When it looks too nasty with salt,sand and brine, I will do a pressure wash with Reset.

Hope that helps. ONR or McKees N914 will get you in the rinseless game.
    Buy some of the ON SALE, Yellow Eagle Edgeless from the Rag CO. They are 3 dollars a pop, which is a killer deal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ozzywannabe View Post

Ech20 works fine as a pre-soak. Take a spray bottle and dunk it into your solution and use it that way. It does a good job encapsulating dirt. Follow up with Ech20 at 1:20 as your drying aid and you are all set.

I stopped using ONR almost a year or two ago. It does leave polymers behind as it temporarily alters the water behavior. If that doesn't bother you then use it.

McKee's N914 still cleans better than either one.

9. Likes ozzywannabe liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    Honestly I can't answer that since I haven't used ECH20 that way. ONR being cheaper and the encapsulating job it does, makes more since for a pre-rinse solution.
    ONR doesn't leave anything behind while ECH20d has a "modified high gloss Si02 component". In my eyes it would be like waxing a dirty car with ECH20 as a prerinse.

My results on a dirtier car persuade me to believe ONR does a better job cleaning ( WI winter type dirt ). If you are pulling the trigger go for ONR.
    I haven't tried McKees N914 but it gets stellar reviews.

Right now my cars are coated with CQUK3 and Gliss so I am using ECH20 rinseless when I can( CarPro products).
    When it looks too nasty with salt,sand and brine, I will do a pressure wash with Reset.

Hope that helps. ONR or McKees N914 will get you in the rinseless game.
    Buy some of the ON SALE, Yellow Eagle Edgeless from the Rag CO. They are 3 dollars a pop, which is a killer deal
    I am coated with cquartz so the sio2 part does t bother me. But I get what you mean "waxing a dirty car" I have ONR and Ech2o. Basically want to see what I like using. Black Friday specials meant I got them both well priced for Australia.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Ech20 works fine as a pre-soak. Take a spray bottle and dunk it into your solution and use it that way. It does a good job encapsulating dirt. Follow up with Ech20 at 1:20 as your drying aid and you are all set.

I stopped using ONR almost a year or two ago. It does leave polymers behind as it temporarily alters the water behavior. If that doesn't bother you then use it.

McKee's N914 still cleans better than either one.
    Thanks. I'll try that first since I have an open bottle of ech2o.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a modified Gary method with my 16x16 towels folded in 1/8th's. Wipe/roll as you make a pass. With one towel, I can get 32 clean passes. Product wise, I have used ONR, ECH2O but fall-back to Wolfgang Uber as my default. I like CarPro's product but on black it tends to streak a bit unless the ratio is very watered down. Uber is super easy to use and a little goes a long way. I use a Worx HydroShot to pre-soak the vehicle and then wipe from there.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast