autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PFM towels with Bead Maker

I did a search and couldn't find a definitive answer for my question. Will using my PFM to dry my car that has been sprayed with Bead Maker on a wet car load up the towel with product and ultimately make it less absorbent, even if it is washed properly?

I have been first drying the car, then coming back around with a couple of Forrest Green towels to apply and wipe off Bead Maker. If I could do this in the same step when the car is wet it would save me a lot of time. It has always been my thought that my good drying towels should not be exposed to sealants, etc.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PFM towels with Bead Maker

I used BM for a little while and saw no impact on my PFM towels. It is not that good of a sealant so I don't expect any long term issue even if you only have 1 or 2 PFMs and don't alternate much.

I wash with my towels with Micro Restore.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    I did a search and couldn't find a definitive answer for my question. Will using my PFM to dry my car that has been sprayed with Bead Maker on a wet car load up the towel with product and ultimately make it less absorbent, even if it is washed properly?

I have been first drying the car, then coming back around with a couple of Forrest Green towels to apply and wipe off Bead Maker. If I could do this in the same step when the car is wet it would save me a lot of time. It has always been my thought that my good drying towels should not be exposed to sealants, etc.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
    Using BM as a drying aid should not affect the absorbency of your PFM towel as BM has been diluted down from the wet paint.

I would rinse with clean water before drying your PFM.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never had any issues with my drying towels when using Bead Maker as a drying aid. I just wash them with a microfiber detergent and add a little white vinegar during my rinse cycle.

BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer

7. Likes JustJesus, PaulMys, Thomkirby, Dan Tran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I used BM for a little while and saw no impact on my PFM towels. It is not that good of a sealant so I don't expect any long term issue even if you only have 1 or 2 PFMs and don't alternate much.I wash with my towels with Micro Restore.
    Thanks BSoares - thanks for the response. I know it's not a long term sealant but I've enjoyed using it lately to make the paint pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Using BM as a drying aid should not affect the absorbency of your PFM towel as BM has been diluted down from the wet paint.
    I would rinse with clean water before drying your PFM.
    Thanks Rsurfer - glad to hear this from several people now. I usually throw them right in the washer with MF detergent in between uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    I've never had any issues with my drying towels when using Bead Maker as a drying aid. I just wash them with a microfiber detergent and add a little white vinegar during my rinse cycle.
    Thanks Bobby. That's how I wash my towels now so good to know BM will not stay in the towel.

Appreciate the quick responses. I have a lot of Bead Maker left so I'll keep using it for a while as I like the look and slickness. I think I have enough Spray Sealants/Waxes to last me a decade! I should probably hold off buying the "latest and greatest" for a while!

Post Thanks / Like

I have used BM as a drying aid with my PFM towels.

Absolutely no problems whatsoever. Go for it.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I have used BM as a drying aid with my PFM towels.

Absolutely no problems whatsoever. Go for it.
    Will do!. Would you say it's true for a lot of spray waxes/sealants such as OCW? In other words, what should I NOT use as drying aids with my PFM's?

Post Thanks / Like

Will do!. Would you say it's true for a lot of spray waxes/sealants such as OCW? In other words, what should I NOT use as drying aids with my PFM's?
    I have used Grot's Speed Shine, DG AquaWax, Optimum Car Wax, Meg's Ultimate QD, Collinite QD, and probably others. Lol

Never had a problem with any of them.

None of them are strong enough to "gum up" your PFM's if you wash them afterward.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done what you've mentioned using other spray sealants as a drying aid. But since drying with pfms I've actually found it better to dry the paint quickly first and get most of the water then follow up with a spray sealant and low-nap towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the quick responses. I have a lot of Bead Maker left so I'll keep using it for a while as I like the look and slickness. I think I have enough Spray Sealants/Waxes to last me a decade! I should probably hold off buying the "latest and greatest" for a while!
    Wait, you haven't heard/tried Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating? If you don't try this awesome spray coating your missing the boat.

15. Likes PaulMys, KBsToy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast