autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PFM towels with Bead Maker

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I have used Grot's Speed Shine, DG AquaWax, Optimum Car Wax, Meg's Ultimate QD, Collinite QD, and probably others. Lol

Never had a problem with any of them.

None of them are strong enough to "gum up" your PFM's if you wash them afterward.
    That's great news! I'll try some of my other sealants I have.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I've done what you've mentioned using other spray sealants as a drying aid. But since drying with pfms I've actually found it better to dry the paint quickly first and get most of the water then follow up with a spray sealant and low-nap towels.
    Thanks for the idea. That's sort of what I've been doing now but I've been using a leaf blower first. The PFM completely dries the car and then I've been using the Forrest Green towels with lower nap. Just trying to figure out a way to shorten the process with less steps since my time is so limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Wait, you haven't heard/tried Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating? If you don't try this awesome spray coating your missing the boat.
    Haha! I'm actually waiting until Walmart runs them on sale for $6.99, and then I'll buy 7 bottles which will now guarantee a two decade supply. Sort of what I did with UFF when Walmart clearanced it in my area. I really like that product as well. Detailing products have evolved so quickly in the past few years that for me, we are getting into degrees of separation between excellent products available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wknd Dtlr View Post
    That's great news! I'll try some of my other sealants I have.

Thanks for the idea. That's sort of what I've been doing now but I've been using a leaf blower first. The PFM completely dries the car and then I've been using the Forrest Green towels with lower nap. Just trying to figure out a way to shorten the process with less steps since my time is so limited.

Haha! I'm actually waiting until Walmart runs them on sale for $6.99, and then I'll buy 7 bottles which will now guarantee a two decade supply. Sort of what I did with UFF when Walmart clearanced it in my area. I really like that product as well. Detailing products have evolved so quickly in the past few years that for me, we are getting into degrees of separation between excellent products available.
    Lol..I was just in my garage looking at 2 full bottles of uff and thinking when the hell am I gonna use these...luckily for me I have a buddy that is tight on money but still likes to take care of his car so I have no problem giving away my overflow...btw aerosols scare me when they sit for a while one day you go to use them and a full bottle is shot

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve used my PFM’s to dry the car using both Kamikaze Overcoat and Polish Angel Cosmic spritz both applied when car wet and then toweled off. These are heavy duty stuff and have not had any issues with absorbency on my PFM’s

I use griots MF and pad cleaner mixed with a free and clear detergent. Wash in hot dry on low for 25 mins. I think the hot water and added detergent do a lot better than a MF cleaner alone. I’ve tried the griots, 3D Kleen, McKee’s and F&C detergent alone. I feel the mix at half and half does the best job.

Note: Griots recommends mixing with F&C in their videos and instructions on the bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I see a new purchase for you with the upcoming black Friday sales . My trigger finger is waiting so I can buy my lifetime supply of goodies I will never use

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    ...btw aerosols scare me when they sit for a while one day you go to use them and a full bottle is shot
    hope my stash of CD2 Engine Detailer aerosol doesn't go bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I use griots MF and pad cleaner mixed with a free and clear detergent. Wash in hot dry on low for 25 mins. I think the hot water and added detergent do a lot better than a MF cleaner alone.....Note: Griots recommends mixing with F&C in their videos and instructions on the bottle.
    great tip on mixing pad cleaner with the MF cleaner. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    I see a new purchase for you with the upcoming black Friday sales . My trigger finger is waiting so I can buy my lifetime supply of goodies I will never use
    Haha! you know me too well. Just recently bought the G9 so I should be good for a while ( famous last words! ) I may get some Carpro gloss pads but not sure how much of a difference they will make over my LC and B&S pads with Essence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12