autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Polishing pads for GG9

What polishing pads would you recommend to use with new GG9? I’ll be picking up this polisher and really curious on what pads should i go with. This is for personal use, car to polish - ‘16 Honda Pilot with fairly soft clear, some love marks and minimal swirls accumulated within the 2 years since the car has been polished and coated with CQ.
    I have a bottle of boss correcting cream and plan to use it. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Mike Phillips

Re: Polishing pads for GG9

Besides the Griot's pads, I like the B&S Uro-Tec foam pads

Buff & Shine Uro-Tec Foam Pad System for long throw orbital polishers

I'd recommend getting the G9 5" backing plate so you can turn and churn 6" pads.

If you stick with the factory installed 6" backing plate you'll start down the road of investing in large pads and my guess down the road, regret it.

So to anyone reading this thread into the future, bite the bullet, get the 5" backing plate and start your pad investment into 5.5 and 6" diameter pads as they will fit most car body panels better and smaller pad diameters also mean better pad rotation on flat panels and curved panels even though POWER is not a problem for the G9

3. Likes Dan Tran liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Besides the Griot's pads, I like the B&S Uro-Tec foam pads

Buff & Shine Uro-Tec Foam Pad System for long throw orbital polishers

I'd recommend getting the G9 5" backing plate so you can turn and churn 6" pads.

If you stick with the factory installed 6" backing plate you'll start down the road of investing in large pads and my guess down the road, regret it.

So to anyone reading this thread into the future, bite the bullet, get the 5" backing plate and start your pad investment into 5.5 and 6" diameter pads as they will fit most car body panels better and smaller pad diameters also mean better pad rotation on flat panels and curved panels even though POWER is not a problem for the G9

Thanks a ton for suggestions. Ordered myself a 6 pack of BOSS pads, some perfecting cream (bottle of correcting cream is on hand), as well as CQUK. Next stop will be GG9 and wife’s Pilot will get some treatment - it’s been 2yrs and the coating i had on it seems to be finally giving up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshisa View Post
    Thanks a ton for suggestions. Ordered myself a 6 pack of BOSS pads, some perfecting cream (bottle of correcting cream is on hand), as well as CQUK. Next stop will be GG9 and wife’s Pilot will get some treatment - it’s been 2yrs and the coating i had on it seems to be finally giving up.

I use started with LC CCS pads and switch to the boss’s on my g15. Your gonna love them. The orange cut well and the yellows are a jack of all trades. Review on how it went with the GG 9 when your done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Just to add....

Here's a fresh article on 5.5 and 6" foam buffing pads options for the Griot's G9 with some of my comments and insights included.

Foam Pad Options for the Griots G9 Polisher