autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the MOST you've charged for an interior?

The title speaks for itself. my pricing is reasonable but fair. I do up charge if an interior is wrecked, but I'm still not going to absolutely gouge someone. With that said, what is the most you would/have charged for an interior on a Kia Sedona sized minivan? Factor in cloth interior being washed (seats and carpets) and basic cleanup of the rest of the interior.

I ask this because, without posting the name of the detailer or the price, my wife asked what I would charge for said vehicle and she responded that her friend had gone to someone else because she had a gift card. The detailer charged WELL above the gift card amount for an interior only and the price seemed absurd to me based on what she had requested.

I'm thinking the detailer wanted to make money on top of the gift card and gouged her. The vehicle was described to me as pretty clean aside from a few crumbs under the seats. Owner had already removed everything else including personal items and anything that would be in the way (car seats, umbrellas etc...). It sounds like it was a rather straightforward job. Interior only.
    Last edited by garyg7133; 11-22-2019 at 01:15 PM. Reason: vehicle model

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the MOST you've charged for an interior?

I think the most was between $275-$300 on a three row interior moderately to light soiling with dog hair. However, I cannot recall the year, make, and model of the vehicle.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by garyg7133 View Post

The vehicle was described to me as pretty clean aside from a few crumbs under the seats. Owner had already removed everything else including personal items and anything that would be in the way (car seats, umbrellas etc...). It sounds like it was a rather straightforward job. Interior only.

I'd figure a low of $30.00 per hour to a high of $60.00 per hour.

Guestimate how long it will take you and then multiply the rate by the hour and round to the nearest dollar amount.

Say you want $40.00 per hour and figure 4 hours for the Mini Van then $160.00

More time = more money

The most I have ever charged is $500.00 for an interior.

Mike Phillips

This isn't really intended to you Gary but to everyone that will read this into the future.

I always type for the future, never the present.

For anyone reading this into the future, if someone contacts you to clean their interior and it's REALLY JACKED-UP. Instead of taking the job, learn to turn always some jobs. If it's a time-intensive job, you probably won't make a dime. And if it's a time intensive job, for example cleaning dog puke out of carpet, etc. It won't be any fun.

See my article here,

The learned skill of turning detailing work down by Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Can't disagree there Mike. I learned to say no early on after taking on a beast of a job. I am guessing the $500 interior was in pretty rough shape?