autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealers “man with a towel” got me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Ok...the world can now continue to rotate and the sun can rise tomorrow! Four hours of correcting with BF One Step and LC White Pads did the trick!

Now on to topping with Liquid Souveran!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    But look at the fun you had correcting that paint.

2. Likes Reuben Brumby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I don't know why the dealers don't just give up on this car washing practice all together. People that detail their car hate it and people who don't don't care about it anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be so pissed.

Like a previous comment suggested, though. People where I live are willing to run their black Denalis through a tunnel daily for the ‘underbody flush’, so having any type of wash done for free is irresistible.

Plus, it’s a dealer, so what could go wrong?!

What a joke, I wouldn’t have left the premises until it was addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric7810 View Post
    I would be so pissed.

Like a previous comment suggested, though. People where I live are willing to run their black Denalis through a tunnel daily for the ‘underbody flush’, so having any type of wash done for free is irresistible.

You must be from Michigan.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Sad you had to experience their "courtesy" wash in the first place however your car looks fantastic again. It may not do any good if they don't pay attention in the begging but I have a 11x8 white construction paper mounted on a piece of cardboard that has DO NOT WASH in ...think it's 112 font in red.

I will say that some dealers are actually good about this, not all dealers are created equal. I purchased a 2020 JGC SRT and told them do not wash/detail/anything when it comes in. They paid attention to the point they left all the shipping tape, covers, etc. on it. The GM there said they'd never had anyone request they not touch the cars on delivery so he hoped I was happy. I said I was absolutely thrilled. I tried to pull in a pic or two and can't seem to do it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Every Geek should take a look a their dealers wash bay. I was disgusted by my local Nissan dealers bay. They used old red shop rags to wash the cars. They threw the rags on the ground and used them without rinsing them off. It’s like they are trying to do a bad job. Got to remember these guys are minimum wage guys (or less) and only get what the dealership gives them to work with.

I used to have them only vacuum out my car but they stopped this due to the amount of theft complaints.

8. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric7810 View Post
    I would be so pissed.

Plus, it’s a dealer, so what could go wrong?!

What a joke, I wouldn’t have left the premises until it was addressed.

Ive tried using the laser wash (garbage) many times like before doing a detail. The last time I got that under body wash with the laser it stained the trim in one of my black wheel wells white. It wouldn't even come off with straight APC. After like 4 washes and using different apc's a few times it finally came off but I have no idea what it was. I think they use dirty reclaimed water for those.

Reclaiming water sounds good in theory and probably is when all the equipment is new. I guarantee they don't do preventative maintenance on the equipment and probably never change the filters which I'm sure are essential to keep it working. After 5 years they are washing your under body with grey water swill.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Every Geek should take a look a their dealers wash bay. I was disgusted by my local Nissan dealers bay. They used old red shop rags to wash the cars. They threw the rags on the ground and used them without rinsing them off. It’s like they are trying to do a bad job. Got to remember these guys are minimum wage guys (or less) and only get what the dealership gives them to work with.

I used to have them only vacuum out my car but they stopped this due to the amount of theft complaints.
    Yeah its like at my job. People break all the tools because they are not theirs and they didn't pay for them. They just don't care. A lot of people don't appreciate things they haven't bought with their own money.

It's not even like they are trying to do a bad job but like you said they only have what the dealership gives them to work with and they are going by the minimal amount of training they got. If they even got any training.

They don't even understand that picking a rag up off the floor and using it on someones car is something bad. They think it doesn't matter and doesn't hurt anything.

11. Likes rlmccarty2000, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention that the wash materials supplied by the dealership are often of the cheapest, most inferior quality. Combine this with no training and a careless attitude, and you have a recipe for disaster.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

13. Likes rlmccarty2000, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a nice rental car from enterprise on time in my town. It was a brand new audi. It was winter so it was covered in road salt. The lady said they didn't have time to wash it. I said it was fine I would do it. I asked how they wash it. She said they have a car wash in the building that washes with those spinning brushes. She said every car goes through every time it comes back. It was all swirled out. They had some nice cars to. All ruined.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast