autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots g9 broken?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Makes logical sense there. Same applies to the Porter Cable DA, Duetto, etc., any 'free wheeler". Reckon if one never wants to deal with possible stall with a DA, then a Flex 3401 or Rupes Mille is the ticket.
    My question is, can you finish multi step using a mille?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Brumby View Post
    My question is, can you finish multi step using a mille?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I'm certainly no top authority here to toot my horn on some subjects, but, are you asking can one machine such as the Rupes Mille or Flex 3401 do it all?

From heavier cutting with compounds and coarser Pads to finesse finishing and jeweling-etc with milder polishes, glazes, waxes, with ultra soft pads? Or one step products?

The answer is yes. Their only limitations are their larger size.

The same holds true with a Rotary Polisher. And if such can be done with Rotarys, then these two machines can too.

The key is the learning curve, and learning the use of that particular machine.

In reference to an old video by the "Junkman" I once watched, he was explaining the various machines out there, and when he picked up the Flex 3401, he said, "Can this bad boy get you in trouble, and burn your paint"? His answer was yes. Same holds true with the Rotary Polisher to an even higher degree.

Not to mention a Rotary in inexperienced hands can turn a paint finish into a holographic mess.

Such machines like the Flex's and Rupe's direct drive's correction abilities will be factored and adjusted-controlled by the products, the pads chosen, the degree-amount of down pressure upon the pad, arm speed, and number of passes.

Oh, and let's not forget these machines both have speed dials.

Unlike free wheelers, one can then use slightly slower speeds as well, not needing "pedal to the metal" speeds to attain efficient correction due to stall.

Mastering these machine's abilities comes with experience, time, practice, the perfection of the hand, the eye, and the wise choice and selection of products-pads used.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll make another intelligent claim, that professionals likely turn to these machines such as the Mille, and 3401 as their real bread and butter money makers because of their consistency of correction abilities.

That many don't wish to struggle and fight with the inherit variability of pad rotation that can produce inconsistent end results.

A pro wants to know they're getting the exact same working results from the machine, once they're dialed in, that's it, one less problem and worry to fight, that constant "eyeballing" of a Plate's rotation due to body curves, variation of down pressure, and other factors.

I'm sure many still keep machines like the PC7424XP, GG6, etc., in their arsenals and that they have uses for them, but overall, I would think once they graduate to the Flex or others like the Rupes Mille, the lesser machines are actually a PITA for them to use. One important factor to a professional, is "time is money".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzabl View Post
    I actually just ordered a G9 from Autogeek. The product page says ships in 4-6 weeks, and I received an email saying that it is on a “manufacture back order”, yet if you go to griots website, the G9 says “in stock”. If it was on a manufacture backorder, wouldn’t that imply that the manufacture had none in stock? I was curious if there was in fact a revision in the works causing the delay.
    Griot’s keeps products in high demand for their own stock first before supplying resellers. The G8 has only been shipping from Griot’s directly, resellers won’t get any until mid to late January.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Ken,

Thank you for the email! I contacted Griot's and they said, "There is no “2nd” gen G9 being planned or in production. There isn’t any flaw with the G9 itself that would necessitate it. Some misinformation was accidentally given, but overall there aren’t any changes needed at the moment.". If you have any other questions please let me know. Take care!
    From Griots
    Hello Ken,

Thank you for taking the time to email us here at Griot's Garage. We are shipping the G9 and G8. If there are any issue with any of our items – just give us a call and we will try to troubleshoot over the phone. As always we have 180 day money back guarantee and life time warranty against manufacture defect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams at perpetualradiance View Post
    I did not know that, but I wouldn't say Adam's copied the design. The G9 was announced just what, a few months ago right? Both probably had a similar idea for the cord, I can't see Griot's announcing this in September and Adam's having a copy cat out this quick. I would imagine R&D takes a ton of time. Not to mention Adam's probably had at least a 500-1000 made for the 1st run which would take a good while.
    I deal with over seas Polisher manufactuers... If you dig around.. Or talk to a couple guys youll undersand more how it works

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678