autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots g9 broken?

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Griot’s said the new manufacturer only makes products for them and no other company will get polishers from that same source this time. Adam’s just copied the design.
    I did not know that, but I wouldn't say Adam's copied the design. The G9 was announced just what, a few months ago right? Both probably had a similar idea for the cord, I can't see Griot's announcing this in September and Adam's having a copy cat out this quick. I would imagine R&D takes a ton of time. Not to mention Adam's probably had at least a 500-1000 made for the 1st run which would take a good while.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had no issues with my g9. In fact, I have not used my 15 mm since I started using the g9. It's a fantastic machine.
    I've been using Griot's polishers since 2006, and have never had issues with any of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troda View Post
    You had said earlier that you added another Rupes. Which one and how do they compare to the Griots?
    I got the LHR 15 mark 3. It is a very smooth running machine!! There isn’t a comparison if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

some factual info...

5. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I finally recieved a replacement cord for the g9... it worked perfectly after snapping it in!

Apparently Griots never sent it the first time I called 🤦#Griots g9 broken?.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

7. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ken,

Thank you for the email! I contacted Griot's and they said, "There is no “2nd” gen G9 being planned or in production. There isn’t any flaw with the G9 itself that would necessitate it. Some misinformation was accidentally given, but overall there aren’t any changes needed at the moment.". If you have any other questions please let me know. Take care!

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Ken,

Thank you for the email! I contacted Griot's and they said, "There is no “2nd” gen G9 being planned or in production. There isn’t any flaw with the G9 itself that would necessitate it. Some misinformation was accidentally given, but overall there aren’t any changes needed at the moment.". If you have any other questions please let me know. Take care!
    Well there is a large diversity of opinions on that I would say-- the part about no flaws and not needing any changes.
    Some folks say its so powerful it just about cant be stalled with all of their strength on it
    Others say it stalls every time on curved panels. I refuse to believe that ALL of the folks that have the stalling issue have consistently poor technique or are stronger than popeye the sailor man. I not buying one untill those issues get fixed, as I have plenty of good machines already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Ken,

Maybe what Griots meant to say was a possible revision needed with the Power Cord? Who knows?

And from the few posts of those getting a G8 and having problems? Again, could this be related to a Power Cord? Do they both use the same Power Cord? Or no?

I surely have no axe to grind with Griots, great company.

I know how others claim they've had their machines for many years with nary a problem, but also, it appears with these latest two machines, they've sourced a new Manufacturer. Could some of this be quality control related possibly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Again, could this be related to a Power Cord? Do they both use the same Power Cord? Or no?
    Yes, same power cord.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    Well there is a large diversity of opinions on that I would say-- the part about no flaws and not needing any changes.
    Some folks say its so powerful it just about cant be stalled with all of their strength on it
    Others say it stalls every time on curved panels. I refuse to believe that ALL of the folks that have the stalling issue have consistently poor technique or are stronger than popeye the sailor man. I not buying one untill those issues get fixed, as I have plenty of good machines already.
    Get a G6 put it on speed 6 on a flat panel and you won't be able to stall it using a lot of pressure. Get the same pad combo and do it on a curve and it will stall easily. Same applies to any free spinning DA including the G9. It depends one how sharp the curves are and how much pressure is being applied.

14. Likes SWETM, PaulMys liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast