autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Dupray Super Inox vs Hill Injection Steamer

Does anyone have experience with either, or both, of these steamers? My steamer croaked and my extractor (both Mytee) is not far behind so I am looking for replacements. I like the idea of steaming and extracting simultaneously but don't know how well the machine actually works. I would like some input from someone who has actually used the machines--especially the Inox. I have read the threads on the Hill but not much info here on the Inox. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by OCD-tailing; 11-14-2019 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dupray Super Inox vs Hill Injection Steamer

Quote Originally Posted by OCD-tailing View Post
    Does anyone have experience with either, or both, of these steamers? My steamer croaked and my extractor (both Mytee) is not far behind so I am looking for replacements. I like the idea of steaming and extracting simultaneously but don't know how well the machine actually works. I would like some input from someone who has actually used the machines--especially the Inox. I have read the threads on the Hill but not much info here on the Inox. Thanks in advance.
    Steam extraction will never replace hot water extraction. It is a handy thing to have on lightly soiled vehicles. But the steam can not penetrate deep enough to remove heavy dirt and stains. It can only hit the surface of the fabric. I learned this on the first professional steamer I bought which was 145 psi. I have since upgraded to a steamer that is 235 psi (I think) it does a little better. But still the same results. I would recommend you still have a hot water extractor on hand too.

3. Thanks OCD-tailing thanked for this post
    Likes OCD-tailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the input. I have watched several (OK, a bunch) of videos showing the Inox in action but the surface being extracted never looks real dirty so this goes directly to your point. Unless someone that has an Inox can convince me otherwise I will probably just buy a real nice steamer. What type of steamer or you using now, and are you happy with it? Any issues? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the input. I have watched several (OK, a bunch) of videos showing the Inox in action but the surface being extracted never looks real dirty so this goes directly to your point. Unless someone that has an Inox can convince me otherwise I will probably just buy a real nice steamer. What type of steamer or you using now, and are you happy with it? Any issues? Thanks.
    No worries. I feel for the same videos. I had plans of buying a steam extraction machine and selling my hot water extractor. I’m so glad I didn’t sell my hot water extractor first. Don’t get me wrong I love the steamer. It is very handy. Plus it’s a good thing to have for the lightly soiled vehicles. It takes no time for them to dry. That would probably be your best bet. I currently have the McCulloch 1275, EUROSTEAM ES2100, Vapor Rino 220v, and the Fortador Pro Plus. I really only use the Fortador now. I haven’t had a chance to sell the Vapor Rino yet. All are great machines. I just kept upgrading until I got the best one I could find. Never had a issue with any of them. All have been awesome.

6. Thanks OCD-tailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my vapor chief 100

8. Thanks OCD-tailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I'm going to check those out also and try and pull the trigger this weekend. The more I read, the more I agree I should keep the extractor and upgrade the steamer as you have done. Great info.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking hard at the Vapor Chief 100 and 125. Do you ever wish you had the injection or is spraying cleaner adequate? Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking hard at the Vapor Chief 100 and 125. Do you ever wish you had the injection or is spraying cleaner adequate? Thanks for the info.
    I would definitely keep your extractor. You will be covered on all areas with the extractor and steamer. I’ve heard good things about Vapor Chief. The only thing I have against them is when you use steamers with a higher psi. The 110v machines have a hard time keeping up. You are waiting for it to build pressure back up more than you are actually using it. It’s kind of like using a small air compressor with a tool that uses a lot of air. You are constantly waiting for the pressure to build back up. 220v does help a lot with this. But it’s still not as good as diesel hybrid machine. This is the whole reason I kept upgrading. Diesel never loose pressure. I have injection on the Vapor Rino and the Fortador but I never use it. I never could really see a difference. I always pre spray then steam.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic information and I REALLY appreciate the detailed answers. You have given me some great points to think over before I buy my next steamer.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic information and I REALLY appreciate the detailed answers. You have given me some great points to think over before I buy my next steamer.
    Glad to help. If you have any other questions just let me know.