autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So this increased my MPG

Came across a crazy thread in corvette forum on LS1. It called for adding two stroke oil into your gas. Specifically TC-w3 I have used pennzoil marine XLF 1oz to 5 gallons. Every thing I read called 1:500 ratio. I bought a gallon of 2 cycle oil and have run it about 4500 miles on 4 cars and it increased my average mpg for 22 to 23. The other cars were about the same 1-1.5 mpg increase I checked the plugs before and after on 2 of the4 cars they looked a little cleaner but could be placebo. One of the cars has high mileage 170000 miles it ran crappy and idle was very rough this sorted the idle issues engine sounds quieter. Prior to this I ran Lucas in winter nothing in summer but it was getting expensive. This would probably be better on bob the oil guy forum but wanted to know if anyone has heard of this? And what type of fuel additives you use.

2. Likes The Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So this increased my MPG

On the first gen Duramax it’s common to run 2 stroke oil. They don’t do it so much for the increase in mpg but for the added lubricity to the diesel fuel. The firstborns were notorious for eating injectors due to a crap design. This helped them live a little longer along with a lift pump. Personally I run fuel additive in every tank of my diesel. Winter is Howe’s, summer is optilube. Haven’t read much on doing it for gassers if it works maybe I’ll do it in the wifes armada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks Mgavin1985 thanked for this post
    Likes Mgavin1985 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Lucas fuel additive also. I buy the gallon of it when I see it on sale. I always think I get slightly better gas mileage, but not more than 20-30 miles more out of tank of fuel. I do think that the engine at least seems to run smoother and definitely quieter. I do worry about using it too much and usually do it about every 3rd tank full.

6. Thanks Mgavin1985 thanked for this post
    Likes Mgavin1985 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Compared to Lucas you use about 1/3 the volume of additive and the additive cost about half the price per gallon that was the big seller for me I’m gonna keep it going I stared in 10/2018. I’ll update here if any goes wrong or maybe every 6 months

I tried a couple of additives in fuel and oil.

I have ceramic coating in my oil called ceratec from liquid molly it’s some kind of hexagonal borate suppose to more slippery than there base M0S2 wear additive

I have a sweet spot for snake oil and the latest and greatest idea

Post Thanks / Like

I came into this thread expecting to hear the first report that Bead Maker makes the car so slick it increased your mpg. I’m glad I was wrong.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I should edit that into the title not beadmaker Related

Post Thanks / Like

No, no, no...don't do that, it will decrease your thread view count! Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

So this increased my MPG

I run Lucas in my truck every tank and I go through some tanks. 2010 Hemi Ram 1500 140,000 most of its life lifted on 37s, now 35s, I get a noticeable decrease in engine noise and by my mileage estimator about goes up .5 more mpg. Now I’ve never put the mpg down on paper to verify but the decrease in engine ruckus and smoother idle are worth it to me. I’ll have to check the 2 stroke oil out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I run Lucas in all my cars. Not sure if the mileage is better or worse though, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s the link to forum of the dudes that started it some good reads it a 9 year thread that’s what started it Been testing Oil

Anyone else running ceramics in oil?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast