autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Non abrasive cleaner wax

I appreciate the replies. In my arsenal I have McKee’s high def, poli coat, Chrystal diamond ceramic paste wax, poorboys liquid red and poorboys polish with Carnauba. Seems like all these products need some kind of prep except poorboys pwc but with its poor durability I don’t want to apply it multiple times in the winter. I’ve been scared to try 845 due to the fact that you can’t apply it to the whole car then wipe it off. Seems like the stuff is very touchy. So far I think I’ve narrowed it down between 105 vs m20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cstamp3084 View Post
    I appreciate the replies. In my arsenal I have McKee’s high def, poli coat, Chrystal diamond ceramic paste wax, poorboys liquid red and poorboys polish with Carnauba. Seems like all these products need some kind of prep except poorboys pwc but with its poor durability I don’t want to apply it multiple times in the winter. I’ve been scared to try 845 due to the fact that you can’t apply it to the whole car then wipe it off. Seems like the stuff is very touchy. So far I think I’ve narrowed it down between 105 vs m20
    I've had little in the way of problems with #845, that I have always applied it to the entire vehicle, just a simple walk-around, applying, and then coming behind and removing. I know you've said you have to apply any-all products outdoors, no garage, and again I've done this with any and all products, outside is fine, but preferable to be out of the sun if at all possible, to find a shady spot.

Any of the Collinite products should and must be applied thinly. Applying heavily offers no additional protection benefit, and as you've said and have assumed, yes, the Collinite products will become harder to remove.
    And with any of the Collinite products, I'd say mid 40's temps are about the lower threshold for application-removal. Any colder than this, you might likely run into issues with removal.

Of the products you have, I might say pick one that you feel might protect the best. As for Meg's #20, or DG #105, they will last up to a point. What will shorten any product's lifespan will be of course how often it is washed after, and with what?

Usually during winter months, I try to avoid heavy cleaners and soaps-detergents as much as possible, never use soaps in a coin-op spray wash, usually just pure straight water to get nasties off. And if I can, temps permitting, I might then come behind with a waterless wash-detailer product, something like perhaps Carpro Ech2o.

Post Thanks / Like

Just placed my order for meguiars m20. thanks for the help guys, I will let y’all know how it turns out

Post Thanks / Like

if you use a finishing pad, that will cut the aggressiveness of the AIO as well...

Post Thanks / Like

I might suggest Collinite Fleetwax. Not sure on the abrasive part but it certainly cleans as it waxes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123