autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Non abrasive cleaner wax

Quote Originally Posted by Cstamp3084 View Post
    So m20 has cleaners? What about m21?
    I've used enough Meguiars M20 in my lifetime to tell you without doubt, M20 is not specifically designed to be a cleaner product. It is more likely termed a pure sealant product that could be categorized as similar as DG #111, WGDGPS 3.0, and others.

Does it possess some bit of cleaning? Well sure. Basically most liquid products do, let's take another one such as Mother's California Gold and others by various makers, yep, it will remove some cruds, oils, fingerprints, smearing or hazing created by soap films, but don't expect deep paint cleaning properties.

M21, again sort of similar to M20, I've used this product once, wasn't that impressed by it personally.

Post Thanks / Like

So m20 has cleaners?
    Yes.
    Although it’s not a Cleaner-Wax/Sealant:
    You stated you were looking for a non-
    abrasive paint cleaner that leaves behind
    an LSP...and M20 fits the bill, IMO.

What about m21?
    M21 is intended to be used on paint
    that is already clean and polished.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not to worried about deep cleaning. I want something that I can apply right after washing and will give me two to three months durability.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not to worried about deep cleaning.
    I want something that I can apply right
    after washing and will give me two to three
    months durability.
    I was hip to your initial request.

That’s why I gave you the choices between
    three ‘one-steps’, and one ‘two-step’ products.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    I was hip to your initial request.

That’s why I gave you the choices between
    three ‘one-steps’, and one ‘two-step’ products

Bob
    Any experience with poorboys polish with Carnauba?

Post Thanks / Like

OK, not deep cleaning per se, but something that basically has no abrasives.
    On the inexpensive end, DG #105 is good and is liked. Should provide 3 months protection in moderate weather.

Probably many off the shelf products by the big names will fit your criteria and work decent. Pick one.

If you're looking for the best in heavy duty winter protection and to last 3 months, then some won't be likely as durable as you would like them to be.

The list of "conventional" products that can withstand the savages of a Midwest, or northern USA winter is very short IMO. That if you are looking for something to "hold you", because you lose the ability to do periodic LSPs due to weather, then products like M20/M21, and #105-#501 aren't going to cut it as nicely as you'd like them to IMO.

I might then apply something a little more durable like Collinite #845, or better yet #476. But both lack any serious "cleaning" abilities. Can either be used after a wash? Sure, but the quality of results will depend on just how clean your paint finish is?

It is a bit difficult to precisely suggest a product not knowing the condition of paint, to what degree you're looking to clean things up, and what conditions you're likely to face within the 3 month period?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    OK, not deep cleaning per se, but something that basically has no abrasives.
    On the inexpensive end, DG #105 is good and is liked. Should provide 3 months protection in moderate weather.

Probably many off the shelf products by the big names will fit your criteria and work decent. Pick one.

If you're looking for the best in heavy duty winter protection and to last 3 months, then some won't be likely as durable as you would like them to be.

The list of "conventional" products that can withstand the savages of a Midwest, or northern USA winter is very short IMO. That if you are looking for something to "hold you", because you lose the ability to do periodic LSPs due to weather, then products like M20/M21, and #105-#501 aren't going to cut it as nicely as you'd like them to IMO.

I might then apply something a little more durable like Collinite #845, or better yet #476. But both lack any serious "cleaning" abilities. Can either be used after a wash? Sure, but the quality of results will depend on just how clean your paint finish is?

It is a bit difficult to precisely suggest a product not knowing the condition of paint, to what degree you're looking to clean things up, and what conditions you're likely to face within the 3 month period?
    My car is a 2016 hellcat challenger redline red tri coat pearl. The car is not garage kept but is not daily driven. I’m in southern Maryland we have pretty mild winters. I Clay barred the car 3 months ago and applied McKee’s poli coat. The car had some swirls in it so I polished with my gg6 using griots finishing sealant about two weeks ago. The finishing sealant worked great removing swirls but it seems it left no protection I may have worked it to long. I’m just looking for something to get me through the winter. In the summer I usually work with poorboys products I’m always in direct sunlight. But I have found poorboys products aren’t very durable which in the summer doesn’t bother me because I enjoy waxing/sealing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have yourself a very nice ride indeed.

Might be hard to predict how this winter will turn out in your neck of the woods, might be decent for you there, but then again you just don't know?

To, me, it sounds like your car is in pretty respectable shape, no doubt nicely maintained, and is fairly new. And I'm sure your most important criteria is keeping it looking that way though yet another winter.

I keyed in on one highlight sentence in this last post of yours, "Looking for something to get me through winter". To me that means you're likely looking for a very durable product, one that may not necessarily be a beauty product such as WG Fuzion, WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, Pinnacle Souveran, or such other beauty-estate products, but that good protection might be paramount for this short duration of lesser than ideal weather conditions for you.

In my eyes, a high level of protection during this time is paramount, not so much looks, or cleaning abilities as top considerations.

Thus again, I'd be likely looking towards a Collinite product, or as others like for high durability, Sonax Polymer Net Shield.

As for Meguiars products, yes, they make many good products, but IMO, many are more designed for the show car circuit, I've seen a lot of Megs stuff be non-existent and fall short on paint after just a few washes, then gone.

Products such as Menzerna Powerlock Sealant, I've used it, it is good, seems very similar to WGDGPS 3.0, likely a similar formula and made in the very same plant. But I don't think neither can hold a candle to Collinite #845 or #476 for durability.

#845 should give you a good 3-4 months. #476 should give you a good 5-6 months, perhaps even longer. BTW,#476 is a Paste Hybrid.

Post Thanks / Like

IGL Ecocoat i believe its called. Also I think the polish angel carnuba creme has cleaners in it but I'm not positive. Mike says a lot of the waxes sold in auto stores have cleaners in them but Idk exactly which ones. The meguiars tech wax 2.0 is one example but I'm not sure they even make it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not to worried about deep cleaning. I want something that I can apply right after washing and will give me two to three months durability.
    I think if it were me I would wash it with something like p21s total auto wash before applying a wax to it. Something stronger then regular auto soap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast