autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking of getting a black car, that crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    71' Cuda coupe used to be my favorite MoPar but I've changed my mind in recent years, now it's a 68' Charger, black with matte black skunk stripe, white interior and with a 69' Charger 500 treatment, 18" Magnum 500 wheels and Hellcat drivetrain...3 pedals, ofcoarseThinking of getting a black car, that crazy?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think I love you now Roger......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Kim likes White!

Now take a peek a this beauty! Tell me this ride doesn't look absolutely sweet?!

Of course I don't see many Stingrays the equal of this ride, but of course not many Stingrays come in at this price unless we're maybe talking about an original NCRS 1967 L-88 Coupe. Or a vintage ZL-1.

Order such with Black Leather, there goes your issues fighting dust, swirling, death valley heat issues, and upkeep. Black to me never seemed to be a color that showcased wheels and tires, and let them stand out in all their glory.

Kim Kardashian Gets White Ferrari 458 Italia - AutoTribute
    A white Ferrari? Abomination! I dislike white cars immensely but it’s hard to get any other color these days. We have 2 black and an Aegean blue Honda. I haven’t had too much trouble with black but I’m not as OCD as I used to be.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have the time to keep it up, then why not. Well kept black cars are sharp looking. I had 3 white trucks before the black super duty I have now. While I had the white trucks I swore I would never own a black one. I have the time to keep it somewhat clean so I got black. Much more time consuming but love how it looks. When I can no longer hold a polisher or take care of the black properly, I will go back to white.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I cheated, I bought a black vehicle, but it's a pickup truck. So when it gets dirty, it still looks great. But yeah, about ten seconds after a 2-hour cleaning, it's covered in dust again. You have to be able to live with that.
    Not black, but I have a dark gray metallic truck, my experience is exactly as you described, sometimes it makes me wish I went white.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Yeah, I think I love you now Roger......
    Not bad for a GM guy, huhThinking of getting a black car, that crazy?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    A white Ferrari? Abomination! I dislike white cars immensely but it’s hard to get any other color these days. We have 2 black and an Aegean blue Honda. I haven’t had too much trouble with black but I’m not as OCD as I used to be.
    I only shown that car as an idea of what white looks like on a sports car.

My '67 Vette was white, with black interior and convertible top.

I know with many sports cars, particularly a Ferarri, the color of choice is Red.

Some upsides and downsides with white. Sometimes yeah, it's hard to see and showcase the gloss. But also hides dusts, harder to see swirls, seems to stay clean longer, and white has always been said to be one of the safest colors. Another perk I believe that in case of damage occurring, white paint is sometimes a lot easier to match.

I might also say the same for black, versus metallic, which paint matching has gotten better over the years, but there still is the potential for mis-match

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember:

Black is "not" a color
    It IS a full time job.

BTDT

Nothing looks better - when clean and shiny.

10. Likes BudgetPlan1, Leon Sidursky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have owned 3 solid black vehicles, now I own 2 White. Stays clean looking longer, but not as impressive as a dark color after washing them. After I got rid of each black one I said never again and then I got dragged right back in. Each time we go car shopping I have to look at the black ones. Then the wife reminds me that I don't have the time these days to be anal with it.

Nothing looks better then a freshly detailed black car in my opinion. But it is a constant fight as others have said and of having to be anal to keep it looking good. The least amount of dust shows up like crazy. As others told you, it's what you think looks good with just putting a coat of wax/sealant on it and being happy, or you working it until it shows the depth that only a black car can.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never owned a black car. I have however had a couple that have owned me. My most recent was a black on black C7 corvette that I daily drove as well. I did have a garage, but as everyone else has pointed out it will get dirty almost immediately. Looks absolutely stunning as soon as you finish cleaning it but the rest of the time looks like crap (relatively speaking). I was constantly trying to keep up with it.

Loved it when clean

But often looked like this

Ultimately traded it in on a Silver C7 (for reasons other than color) and felt such a sigh of relief the first time I walked into the parking garage at work and thought “man that car looks good” and realized it had been two weeks since it had been washed.

As a daily that is gonna be parked outside, do yourself a favor and get a color that hides dirt well. You will be so much happier, I promise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Not bad for a GM guy, huhThinking of getting a black car, that crazy?

If we’re playing this game 71 Chevelle Ls6.....Thinking of getting a black car, that crazy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast