autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Streaks on rear (tinted) windshield after Iron-X

Hello folks,

I used Iron-X for chemical decon a month ago. Some of which flowed down the rear windshield. I cleaned it up before drying out (as soon as I noticed it was running down the window) but it left the streaks. Anybody knows how to remove those streaks? They are usually not visible but on cloudy days they are more pronounced.

Any idea to clean these streaks are welcome. The vehicle is 2015 Forester, if that matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Streaks on rear (tinted) windshield after Iron-X

I've never recalled reading about someone having this sort of a problem with Iron-X, maybe somebody here might've?

AFAIK, Iron-X is a Ph neutral product, so it shouldn't be like something acidic or alkaline in nature caused this.

If it was me with this issue, I'd probably be reaching for a bottle of the Pinnacle Glass Cleaner and Water Spot Remover first, before trying any other unorthodox or harsher methods.

Years ago I bought this product on a whim, might have been from reading a review, perhaps from Mike Phillips, or another member here, not sure which?

Anyway, all outer glass surfaces were looking sort of funky and "old" looking, seeming that Sprayway Glass Cleaner, and Rain-X did not give good end results. My glass was sort of looking like the vehicle sat in a junk yard for 10 years without being touched, and initially thinking my glass was just only showing the signs of age.

I remembered I had this product on hand, because it did appear I was also seeing some water spotting as well that wasn't coming off.

It is like a cream, but like a slightly gritty cream I remarked to myself when I used it, made me think of GOJO Hand Cleaner a bit. I applied it like a wax with a MF Applicator, let haze, then removed with an MF Towel. I was wowed by the results, and if I had to use one word to describe, the glass looked "beautiful"!

Looks like right now, AG has free shipping on orders over $25, so now might be the right time to grab a few goodies, and throw this product into your basket.

Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover, hard water spot remover, glass water spot remover, glass polish, water spot remover for cars

Post Thanks / Like

I've had it leave some streaks that were only visible if really sunny right in front of my eyes. Happens if the glass is hot when you apply Iron-X. With time it seemed to go away. Didn't really come off with a cutting pad and compound.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like