autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

Quote Originally Posted by muaddba View Post
    Neither of those characteristics are due to what is basically ground up pencil lead added to the coating. They may be due to reformulation of the resins, etc in the coating. And let me tell you customers just LOVE being upsold on magic pixie dust, it really earns you a reputation as an honest businessman. Perhaps you'd like to offer to refill their blinker fluid?
    I think you should become a chemist to back up the those claims. Because the reality is if your not a chemist like myself who is not a chemist either. we know so little about the way products are created and what each ingredient does. You and I cannot really comprehend what a chemist does or what it takes to create a product.

Watching YouTubes videos or reading a few paragraphs of other people’s opinions may have helped formed your opinion.

This forum is a place for everyone to write but we are writing opinions not facts.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not how science works. It's not up to me to prove it's false, it's up to the chemists for those companies making the claims to prove that it's TRUE. But you go ahead and sell unproven pixie dust hype to your customers, and we can all judge what kind of businessman you are -- in our "opinion", of course.

This forum is a place for us to share KNOWLEDGE, not disinformation.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, and it's only relevant to the Art d' Shine/SPS product, their chemist (Albert Yow) had this to say about the hydrophobics related to their graphene coating:

To add on some answers to the article on Graphene,

The polymer used in Artdeshine’s product, PDMS has very low thermal conductivity, absorbing less heat when exposed. And if heat has been absorbed, the better dissipation and thermal conductivity ability of reduced Graphene Oxide (rGO) will help to negate. What we do not want is all that heat absorbed to be trapped. To say it simply, this is a case of using rGO to reduce the insulation (keeping heat) properties of PDMS.

Artdeshine has never touted using flames in any of our tests or marketing materials. This serves no purpose to demonstrate any capability of our coatings.

We are not making fire-proof/retardant materials. And again, we are not touting thermal insulation as a beneficial property, we are trying to negate insulation.

Water repellent capabilities do not come from the use of rGO and can be seen in our marketing materials and information. A very high polymer (PDMS) content is used to achieve the better water-repellent effects. The polymer has been functionalized to provide much better water repellent capabilities.
    And it seems that the hydrophobic v hydrophilic nature of graphene is up for debate as well:

Is graphene hydrophilic or hydrophobic?: Is Graphene Hydrophilic or Hydrophobic?– MSE Supplies LLC

Is graphene hydrophobic or hydrophilic?: Is graphene hydrophobic or hydrophilic?
    I don't understand most of that stuff, that's for sure but there seems to be enough to come to the conclusion of "Who knows?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muaddba View Post
    That's not how science works. It's not up to me to prove it's false, it's up to the chemists for those companies making the claims to prove that it's TRUE. But you go ahead and sell unproven pixie dust hype to your customers, and we can all judge what kind of businessman you are -- in our "opinion", of course.

This forum is a place for us to share KNOWLEDGE, not disinformation.
    If you’re disagreeing about what another member sees as graphene helping with benefits, it may be up to you to convince us that it’s false. Most of those who find problems want to put all the work in the hands of others (‘you prove me wrong!’). I guess there is no responsibility on the person disagreeing to provide any facts or knowledge... only responsibility on others to prove you otherwise.

Sounds like a lot of politicians, a lot of people I work with... always easier to complain and put the burden on the originator of the idea or thought.

6. Thanks Craig Encinitas, Strong66 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The forums are very laid back if I offended you I apologize

8. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, JustJesus liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345