autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

    Anyone have any updates on this?.

    I've read Budgetplan1's thoughts on his website which seem good.

    But both The Guz and Bolts don't seem to rate it as much, which is confusing.

    Be grateful for further thoughts.

    Thanks

  2. #32
    Senior Member The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    7,169
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

    Quote Originally Posted by rossyl View Post
    Anyone have any updates on this?.

    I've read Budgetplan1's thoughts on his website which seem good.

    But both The Guz and Bolts don't seem to rate it as much, which is confusing.

    Be grateful for further thoughts.

    Thanks
    If you are interested in SPS follow my thread over the course of this year.

    2020 Ceramic Coating 1 Year Test

  3. Thanks rossyl thanked for this post
  4. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

    Thank you

  5. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Graphene is well known for its durability and protection. It’s more hydrophobic and chemical resistant. It is well known in industries such as aerospace.

    Graphene is expensive. So expect products to not have as much within it.
    Actually graphene is pretty cheap and easy to make. A little goes a LONG way. Almost all car products will use Graphene Oxide.

  6. #35
    Senior Member acuRAS82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    2,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

    IGL just came out with a graphene Kenzo, received their email about it Saturday.

  7. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Rochester MA
    Posts
    2,615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

    Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    IGL just came out with a graphene Kenzo, received their email about it Saturday.
    Yup it should ve available to installers very soon. Still not overly excited about the Graphene B.S.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

    Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

  8. Likes noorth liked this post
  9. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    Yup it should ve available to installers very soon. Still not overly excited about the Graphene B.S.
    Isn't this how a lot of people felt about SIO2 at first?

  10. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

    Graphene as used by the folks marketing it today is 100 percent hype. It is an additive to an existing resin-based orceramic coating. They add RGO, which is basically graphite, to the coating and call it "graphene".

    Any benefit offered by the graphene coatings is independent of the added RGO.

    Anyone telling you otherwise is selling you something or does not know what they are talking about. Not one chemist has revealed how their coating can use graphene's advantages, but dozens have come out to say that it is not possible to get the protection represented by the folks selling it. It's a buzzword being used in the industry right now to justify additional markup, nothing more

  11. Likes dennis b liked this post
  12. #39
    Senior Member Mgavin1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

    Quote Originally Posted by muaddba View Post
    Graphene as used by the folks marketing it today is 100 percent hype. It is an additive to an existing resin-based orceramic coating. They add RGO, which is basically graphite, to the coating and call it "graphene".

    Any benefit offered by the graphene coatings is independent of the added RGO.

    Anyone telling you otherwise is selling you something or does not know what they are talking about. Not one chemist has revealed how their coating can use graphene's advantages, but dozens have come out to say that it is not possible to get the protection represented by the folks selling it. It's a buzzword being used in the industry right now to justify additional markup, nothing more
    I have noticed two distinct characteristics of a majority of the graphene coatings I have played with.

    1. Ease of use
    2. Better water clearing. Beading is the same as normal coatings but the beaded water moves across the surface faster on a graphene infused coating.

    A few years ago fluorine had hype like graphene and it was added to ceramics.

    It also helps individuals who detail cars for client as an up sell.

  13. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

    Neither of those characteristics are due to what is basically ground up pencil lead added to the coating. They may be due to reformulation of the resins, etc in the coating. And let me tell you customers just LOVE being upsold on magic pixie dust, it really earns you a reputation as an honest businessman. Perhaps you'd like to offer to refill their blinker fluid?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Product Review: CarPro Spotless
    By TroyScherer in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-21-2014, 11:31 AM
  2. Product Review: CarPro Dlux
    By TroyScherer in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 04:35 PM
  3. New CarPro product
    By rider9195 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 04:47 PM
  4. New Product: CarPro Fog Fight!
    By Nick McKees37 in forum New Car Care Products
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 10:43 AM
  5. New CarPro Product & Giveaway!
    By Nick McKees37 in forum Car Care Product Giveaways
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 05:38 AM

Members who have read this thread: 76

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» November 2020

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 12345