autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking into IR Lamps for coating cure

I am intrigued by this SCANGRIP UV lamp. Is this a suitable alternative for this kind of stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

^^^As am I...gonna do a little research on them and see if they are a viable alternative to my IR lights I am currently using. Could be promising; battery powered, no heat into the area- so don't have to continually hit it with my infrared thermometer, etc.
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

LOL sorry guys about the Scangrip Nova UV lamps. But it's used muched in the painting industry so I asume it would work with the ceramic coatings as well. But send an email directly to Scangrip in Denmark or if they have a distributor in the US. They have the big working light size and like the Sunmatch size for smaller cureing and even like the pen lights when doing spot repairs. And what I could see it's working to recharge them from 100v-240v so just the right electric connector or if you have one from electric outlet to USB female and that works too if it's matched specs. I found these very interesting just cause of the heat build up that these should not have any problems with. And it would be very interesting to see how far away from the vehical it needs to be standing. And the weight of them at 0.7kg it's not that heavy. So if your budget allows you could easly have 2 or 3 of these on the tripod. Don't know the price on the quality IR lamps. But the large UV that's like the work light size is around $525-$535. And the Scangrip quality you know what you are getting even if it's pricey. They have some more lights than just for the painting/detailing as well.

Would be awesome if the UV curing lamps works for curing ceramic coatings as well. Just look at the runtime of 1.5 hours if that's enough to be curing a whole vehical. As the recharge of them is almost the double of that time if not a little more.

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That Scangrip looks sweeeeeet. Not big but the web page for it says for larger curing areas. Not sure what they define large as though. As with all Scangrip products it's $$$$$. I know I've seen knock off of their Mini & Multimatch for less than 1/2 the price. I don't need this IR curing light from them, and I don't even know how well it would work outdoors *I'm a mobile detailer* but I'd sure like to get one lol. And it's cordless and rechargeable? Fantastic! If it could be used out doors and give me the ability to put multiple coats on with a much less than the 4 hour wait time between (UK 3.0) that would be awesome sauce.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    That Scangrip looks sweeeeeet. Not big but the web page for it says for larger curing areas. Not sure what they define large as though. As with all Scangrip products it's $$$$$. I know I've seen knock off of their Mini & Multimatch for less than 1/2 the price. I don't need this IR curing light from them, and I don't even know how well it would work outdoors *I'm a mobile detailer* but I'd sure like to get one lol. And it's cordless and rechargeable? Fantastic! If it could be used out doors and give me the ability to put multiple coats on with a much less than the 4 hour wait time between (UK 3.0) that would be awesome sauce.
    I think that something like UV curing lamps would work on mobile detailing. As it's waves of UV so even with a slight wind it would work. Also think IIRC it's some kind of weather profed the lampa. But if bad weather conditions coating is out of the question anyways. You can reduce if ir or UV curing to 45 minutes between CQUK and Gliss. Then how long the ir UV curing takes I don't know LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    If it could be used out doors and give me the ability to put multiple coats on with a much less than the 4 hour wait time between (UK 3.0) that would be awesome sauce.
    Wait time for cquk3.0 is 45-60 mins. Read #8 below. This is from sky’s the limits website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Rsurfer;1654708]
    Quote Originally Posted by Every_detail View Post
    you like it?

Great lamp, multiple angle settings. Down side, rather a large (3 Heads) unit.
    Any regrets on this purchase now that you have had it for some time? I'm thinking about this light and another one from Infratech. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Yes, I like it. Yep, it will decrease your curing time.
    Scott,
    Do you still like the unit? Any downsides? Debating about the Infratech Speed Ray 2 and the United UD3W.
    Thanks,
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=OCD-tailing;1711114]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

Any regrets on this purchase now that you have had it for some time? I'm thinking about this light and another one from Infratech. Thanks for any insight you can provide.
    Great light..don't have a Infratech, so can't compare.

10. Thanks OCD-tailing thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12