autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best $10 Tire Dressing

don't know if mothers has a replacement for this tire shine (similar to the discontinued fx tire shine), but i've been using it for a while and it works pretty well. i'm out of dg253 and this fits the bill until i need to re-stock (if i decide to order more). if a tire shine lasts a few weeks or until the next wash that's good enough for me. it's going to get scrubbed off (no slime or gooey mess) and i like to re-dress the tires after washing anyways...

2. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another Duragloss 253 fan here. I’ve tried em all, but the DG is the only one that checks all the boxes. No sling, dries dry, control the finish with number of coats, lasts weeks if it doesn’t get wet, but will last through a couple rains or car washes. Hard to beat at $11.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d through CP Perl out their. 15.99 a bottle but is diluted 2-1. So like $8 a bottle. Looks are spot on and can get solid 2-3 weeks of great looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    I just started using this and its great stuff! Duragloss is so underrated for their performance to value ratio line of products.
    I totally agree! Their Marine Vinyl and Rubber Protectant #531 is INCREDIBLE! One application lasts me an entire boating season and it is very good at preventing mildew! I often wonder how it would work on my tires.

RamAirV1

Post Thanks / Like

303 has a couple tire dressings, one I have tried and it is a bit glossy but has to be sprayed on, no wiping on or onto an applicator, just directly onto the tire and that's it. Remember, they've created one of the best interior protectant, apple doesn't fall from the treeBest  Tire DressingBest  Tire Dressing

Duragloss makes great aerosol and spray on products as wellBest  Tire Dressing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's Dub Tire Shine, a shame shame SHAME Meguiar either discontinued, or doesn't offer this line like they use to. It only lasts about 1-2 weeks but looks great and it has one of the best aerosol sprayers I've ever used. One light spray and a MF wipe down a few minutes later. It wasn't too blingy (don't like that) and never noticed any slinging.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    That’s the type of dressing I’m trying to avoid. I read Duragloss holds up pretty well in the wet so that’s why I’m interested in it.
    Another DG253 fan here, and I also use the Eldo2K-approved application method, ie. with a flagged tip brush.

DG253 claims to have an additive called Rain Repel to help with water resistance.

9. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234