autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel, not exactly that soft ?!...

I was told by some forum members to get this towel for being thick and super soft, so i did order one set (of 2 towels)
    Griot's Garage 55586 PFM Terry Weave Towel
    It costed more than 30$ to get shipped to me overseas, while it says it got a freekin huge amount of fibers (GSM i believe) the towels didnt feel really soft like the ones i used to buy locally a supermarket, 16x16 and costing almost 5.5$, those are Luxuriously Soft and Plush, it will cuddle your skin and feels like no other !!...

I washed the Griot's with 3d kleen in cold water but that didnt change the touch or feel a bit, you can actually see and feel the supposedly microfiber strands and it feel just like any normal towel found in your bathroom !, i can't imagine this towel being used for contact drying let alone waterless or rinseless washes!, for me feeling the fibers and seeing them quite notably (unlike sth like This) i cant imagine Not scratching my paint when using this towel !...

It does says and seems like this will suck a lot of water, but what is a point of recommending this and being so damn expensive when it doesnt feel no where near as soft as a 5.5$ pro MF towel off the shelves @ Walmart or some other store !...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel, not exactly that soft ?!...

Try the PFM towel and compare its performance and ability to soak up water to the cheap towel.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

3. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you even used it yet?

5. Likes oneheadlite, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never had issues with PFM damaging my paint. It's just plain awesome. Every time I use it I am glad I have them. My cobra guzzlers are sitting in a bin in the basement.
    Bruno Soares

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towels work great. They are extremely absorbent drying towels. The 25"x35" PFM Drying Towels are single sided and the 29"x36" PFM Drying Towels are double sided. Griot's Garage recommends the 16"x16" PFM Towels for working with Spray Waxes, Quick Detailers and Waterless Washes.The Extra-Large PFM Drying Towel feels softer to the touch since it's double sided.

Griots Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel, Set of 2
    Griots Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel
    Griot's Garage Extra-Large PFM Edgeless Drying Towel

Post Thanks / Like

Till this day, I still have yet to try these towels. How long have they been out? Lol.

High-End Paint Correction and Opti-Coat Ceramic Coatings * Portsmouth, NH

Post Thanks / Like

If you have something you like, stick to it?

I love the PFM drying towel so much. I started with that two pack. Then bought a bigger one. Then, told my friend about it. He liked it after trying one. I BOUGHT HIM ONE.

Nothing but good things to say about that towel.

11. Likes PaulMys, VitreousHumor, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say that the PFM towels are not the "softest feeling" towels I have ever touched, but they're not "scratchy" either.

Like mentioned above, I have not had a single issue using them on my paint.

Once you try it, you will be amazed.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand your worries about this kind of weave in a mf towel. Don't have the GG PFM Terry Weave Mf Towel. But have Sonax version with the twisted loop nap mf towel and some other ones. And I have not noticed any towel marring from any of them. They are all bigger than the 16×16 size as it's for drying I use these kind of mf towels for. I can see a use of the smaller sized ones when drying the side of the vehicals or where you are the closest to the ground. For the horizontall panels I want bigger ones as I lay them out and holding it on the longside of the drying towel and pull against me. 1 pull and the paint is bone dry. No drying aid am I useing either. On the vertical panels I fold them and just the pressure so I don't drop the drying towel is used. And the same 1 pass and it's bone dry paint. Since I have many of these kind of drying towels and others I switch to a fresh as soon as I see it leaves water behind. So no buffing movement or high pressure. And these kind of terry weave/twisted loop nap mf drying towels is in the top tier of the ability to fast soaking up water and also holding the water without leaves any droplets behind.

Most of these kind of terry weave/twisted loop nap mf drying towels has a 80/20 blend of microfiber. That's as so they don't get matted down. And they have a kind of rough feel to them but they are still very safe to not scratch paint. If you have used any high end mf towel like The Rag Company Eagle Edgeless in 500gsm. It has a split nap weave design and it's soft and plush. But it still has a feel that it's grabby when you touching it. That's how most mf towels needs to be haveing so it's able to pick up and hold what you are wiping off if it's polish or WW or RW or drying towel. If you have a mf towel that don't have that feel it's useally not so effective to do what it's suposed to be doing. I have seen mf towels with chenille fibers that's split nap weave design. They are suposed to be very soft even on the touch. But most of the chenille wash media has a 80/20 blend of microfiber. Eagle Edgeless and many others has a 70/30 blend of microfiber and gets a softer feeling from them just by that. But it's which kind of mf towels suits the different tasks of detailing. Sometimes you want the low loop nap mf when you are buffing of a wax or sealant or coating even or wipe off compound. While you don't want that kind of nap when you are drying. The mf fibers is very thin if you compare to cotton and wool. And what's makes the microfiber to be very gentle when they are densed packed. Also at the same time effective to do it's work.

Try it on the horizontall panels with holding it in the corners and lay it out on the paint and pull it against you. You will notice it's ability to fast soaking up water and holding it. Fold the other PFM Drying MF Towel once and gentle wipe once over the paint on the vertical panels and do one side and flip it and do the other side of the vehical. If you don't have a lot of water standing on the paint you can do this without wringing them out. It useally gets saturated when you soak up a lot of water standing in the crevices of the vehical. Do those parts last.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for your replies, i went through each one of them, i think we can all agree they are Not the softest towels out there due to the weave designed in these towels, but yes they do such a lot of water, just wanted to point this out for future buyers to not be fooled or having different expectations when buying these especially Online where you obviously cant feel them but you can only throw your money in a promise they are GREAT based on the forums and every single utube video out there !

i 100% agree those towels are made from MF but i just cant imagine they are for universal use as some suggest especially NOT waterless or ONR, maybe use the bloating technique or pull the towel against a soaked surface to simply suck the water, but am sure if my skin doesn't like neither will my soft car paint on the long run !... i may be wrong but again am just sharing my experience here THEY ARE NOT THE SOFTEST TOWELS OUT THERE PERIOD.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast