autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel, not exactly that soft ?!...

YouTube

Griots recommends washing on hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jojokoko View Post
    I was told by some forum members to get this towel for being thick and super soft, so i did order one set (of 2 towels)
    [FONT="]Griot's Garage 55586 PFM Terry Weave Towel[/FONT]
    It costed more than 30$ to get shipped to me overseas, while it says it got a freekin huge amount of fibers (GSM i believe) the towels didnt feel really soft like the ones i used to buy locally a supermarket, 16x16 and costing almost 5.5$, those are Luxuriously Soft and Plush, it will cuddle your skin and feels like no other !!...

I washed the Griot's with 3d kleen in cold water but that didnt change the touch or feel a bit, you can actually see and feel the supposedly microfiber strands and it feel just like any normal towel found in your bathroom !, i can't imagine this towel being used for contact drying let alone waterless or rinseless washes!, for me feeling the fibers and seeing them quite notably (unlike sth like This) i cant imagine Not scratching my paint when using this towel !...

It does says and seems like this will suck a lot of water, but what is a point of recommending this and being so damn expensive when it doesnt feel no where near as soft as a 5.5$ pro MF towel off the shelves @ Walmart or some other store !...
    I agree I feel this towel is completely overrated. Maybe because I have delicate black paint but this towel is no where near as good as the dry me a river towels I like to use. I use my pfm towels to dry the trim now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Used with Uber and Ech20 (mixed Merlin style too).

Never had an issue but I was on hot. I read before that when your towels do get clogged up manufacturers recommend to boil. If boiling brings back to life how does washing in hot affect them? No problems at all so far and been using original purchases (4 16x16 and 1 20x30(?)) for over 8months and weekly washes during spring and summer
    Thanks, lately I wash my MFs on WARM setting which is pretty hot in my washer, have had pretty good success with the cleaning. I can do the Griots towels on HOT which is probably scolding, especially as it was pointed out Griots recommends it.

Post Thanks / Like

I was waiting for the part of the review where you spoke about the actual performanceGriot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel, not exactly that soft ?!... These towels are awesome in every configuration and while they aren't plush like an Eagle edgeless for instance the performance of them speaks for itself....when usedGriot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel, not exactly that soft ?!...Griot's Garage PFM Terry Weave Towel, not exactly that soft ?!...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Dan Tran, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I like the PFM drying towel a lot. These are just the new ones I have put away. Have a couple of each size in use currently.

7. Likes Bruno Soares, PaulMys, mc2hill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The softest and most plush towel is not always the best. The Griots PFM does feel a bit rough compared to the Big Blue drying towel but nothing matches the PFM for absorbency. I can dry my entire truck with one PFM and never have to wring it out. It completely dries the surface with no moisture left behind and no scratches either.
    The cheaper towels may feel better at first, but cheap towels leave lint behind. You can really see it on your windows.

9. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And to be clear.... I think he’s using it to wipe off a waterless or rinseless and I wouldn’t use a PFM for that (never tried it actually).

I’d use the PFM for drying afterwards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    In addition, (and after I was so impressed with the big towel) I ordered two 16x16" for my chrome wheels which were a HUGE pain to dry streak free with other towels.

Problem solved with the PFM's.

(Tip: After washing chrome wheels, and before drying, spritz a tiny amount of your wash solution on the PFM to "Prime it". Once dampened, the PFM's wake up and start kicking A$$).

After reading this I’m absolutely sure you don’t have a Metro Sidekick Blower.. What are you waiting for? You’re cheating yourself of 1 of the best detailing tools you wish you had from the start. Heck, I’m kicking myself right now for not getting mine fixed yet because drying wheels, tires, grills, mirrors, body moldings & trim, emblems, etc is nowhere near as effective or easy without it.

I don’t know why I haven’t gotten mine fixed yet... You need to get 1 bro.
    You’ll be able to dry each wheel & tire bone dry in less than 1 minute flat. Seriously.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Ya, I like the PFM drying towel a lot. These are just the new ones I have put away. Have a couple of each size in use currently.

I see we share the same addiction....

I have more microfibers then I can use in 10 lifetimes and still actively purchasing more lol. I look at it as a collection. Same as any other collectible except they don't go up in value.

At least until the coming microfiber ban.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    The softest and most plush towel is not always the best. The Griots PFM does feel a bit rough compared to the Big Blue drying towel but nothing matches the PFM for absorbency. I can dry my entire truck with one PFM and never have to wring it out. It completely dries the surface with no moisture left behind and no scratches either.
    The cheaper towels may feel better at first, but cheap towels leave lint behind. You can really see it on your windows.
    I can easily dry my SUV with 1 "dry me a river" towel plus I can feel how slick the paint is while I'm doing it. I can also feel any roughness that may need to be taken care of.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast