autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How to maintain my new detail ?

I spent the day detailing my truck. It hasn’t been done in year so I was extremely pleased. I need some help on
    how to maintain the detail since I rarely do a full detail, and want to keep it looking good.
    I started with wash and clay bar, then Pinnacle Compound, Pinnacle Finishing Polish and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax.

this is my daily driver and is parked outside, with that being said, what do I do next time and how often?
    thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to maintain my new detail ?

Quote Originally Posted by 01AUDI View Post
    I spent the day detailing my truck. It hasn’t been done in year so I was extremely pleased. I need some help on
    how to maintain the detail since I rarely do a full detail, and want to keep it looking good.
    I started with wash and clay bar, then Pinnacle Compound, Pinnacle Finishing Polish and Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax.

this is my daily driver and is parked outside, with that being said, what do I do next time and how often?
    thank you
    I use Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax as well and use their spray wax as a drying aid after each wash to extend the life of the LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Souveran as well and I maintain it with the spray wax every 2-3 weeks and use Crystal Mist as a QD, it’s an awesome QD too, you’ll be amazed, promise!!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to just re-wash and re-apply just the Souveran Wax , without doing anything else? Is there any reason you use the liquid spray vs re apply the liquid wax?

I use Optimum Car Wash on my other vehicle and use that liquid spray in between big waxes.

Can I mix brands and use the Pinnacle and OCW? Or best to keep it in the family?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you need to re-apply Souveran Wax after each wash, you would probably get wax build-up. I just applied Souveran a few months ago for the first time and just reapplied a couple of weeks ago, not sure if it needed it but I went ahead and did it. I use the spray wax so not get wax build-up plus there really isn't a reason to reapply the full wax since it's still performing wonderfully.

I've just started using the RW method on my car a couple of weeks ago and have been using ONR with good results. However, I just ordered Pinnacles Rinseless Wash this week and will be trying that out this weekend or next week, my thought process is to keep the "synergy" of the product lines together. I also ordered their Body Work Shampoo as well when I feel like the normal 2 bucket method since I was low on my normal soap/shampoo and wanted to try something new.

Post Thanks / Like

So is Optimum Spray Wax ok to use over the Souveran Wax? I’d prefer to use it since I already have it, but don’t want to hurt the Wax layer.

Post Thanks / Like

That I do not know for sure but I would think that you would be taking on the "glossiness" of the Optimum Wax instead of the Souveran since it's now the LSP and not Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping the paint clean often will go way further than piling wax onto sealants. Adding more will not keep the car significantly cleaner, it may extend your lsp

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I guess I’m a little confused.
    If I can use Pinnacle a Spray Wax why not Optimum Car Wax?

What is the actual difference between the two? They are both Carnauba based right?