autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bad application of CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 ceramic coating. Advise needed! Thx

You mention applying it in the late afternoon. How hot and humid were the conditions? Were you in the shade?

I recently applied CQuartz in a very hot/humid garage and ended up with similar issues. Flashing was all over the place and removal was very difficult. It smeared all over the place and left the same appearence you saw. Applying it in cooler conditions has never been a problem.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bad application of CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 ceramic coating. Advise needed! Thx

Meguiar's Ultimate Polish is too oily to use prior to a coating in my opinion

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

@Desernate: It was pretty hot (in the 90s in temp and humidity), and I was in my garage. How did you fix your smears?

The temp has cooled to the 50-60s now. Waiting for my supplies to come in. As reminded by @Mark51 & @grovlet, I'm getting Carpro Essence as well. Thx for the advise y'all.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a small quarter sized spot that was high after my Impreza application. I decided to keep it Its in a lower spot. I am going to watch it and see if I can use it like a meter for when the rest of the coating is spent. Small experiment. I took a picture for future reference, I dont know if if works that way. Time will tell.

7. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gsmarquis View Post
    I had a small quarter sized spot that was high after my Impreza application. I decided to keep it Its in a lower spot. I am going to watch it and see if I can use it like a meter for when the rest of the coating is spent. Small experiment. I took a picture for future reference, I dont know if if works that way. Time will tell.
    That is actually a brilliant idea of having a high spot to be able to visually track the coatings life.

Post Thanks / Like

On my old car. I had once left a high spot to experiment with it. To monitor it.

For this particular ceramic coating (AG does not sell it) I was told that after some time that the high spot would fade away on its own due to the elements.

This was information passed down to me from a company rep.

Eventually after a few weeks of normal driving & washing, I noticed the high spot dissipated. And as far as I was able to tell, it did not suffer from losing any hydrophobic properties.

High-End Paint Correction and Opti-Coat Ceramic Coatings * Portsmouth, NH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12