autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Do I need sealant on top of Liquid Souveran?

Planning to do my quarterly protection regimen in a month on my daily driven, not garaged, Arizona, gray 2013 BMW.

In July, I clayed and used 3D Speed which left the car with a deep, rich shine that's held up pretty well. After washes I've been using CG's VO7 spray detailer which has been good for me. But I want to see if I can get to another level of shine and gloss. I'm also looking for chances to use my new Rupes 21 Mk 2 and some of the new products I bought with it.

The paint doesn't need any correction at this point so my plan is a good wash with clay where needed (baggie test queued up) . I'll next polish with Rupes Diamond on a Rupes white pad mostly because I'm dying to try the stuff. I will then wax with Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax.

Back to the subject of this post. I have Rupes P808 Sealant and question whether I should use that as the final step, on top of the wax. I bought the 808 to go on the Rupes UHS that I plan to use on a friend's car. But I'm thinking it might do well on the liquid Souveran. But if the consensus is that I won't see a difference, nor will I appreciably extend the protection of the wax, then I'll save the work of applying the sealant for another day.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

(The photo shows the finish almost two months after applying 3D Speed in a rare moment when the car was actually in the garageDo I need sealant on top of Liquid Souveran? )

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do I need sealant on top of Liquid Souveran?

Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax is a sealant so I would say no.

3. Thanks PM5C thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For your consideration:

1.) P808 Sealant is a synthetic Sealant
    (man-made ingredients).

2.) Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax is a
    blend of Carnauba Wax (natural ingredients);
    and, Sealant (synthetic/man-made ingredients)—
    often referred to as a “Hybrid Sealant/Wax”.

3.) [Even though it is not a set-in-stone
    Rule of Law]...in the world of Detailing: it
    is a rule-of-thumb to apply Waxes on top
    of Sealants—a “Best Practice”, as it were.

•With the above parameters in mind:
    -If I was going to use both of these LSPs
    (Last Step Products)—*Note: something
    I’m not usually inclined to do—I would:

a.) first apply the P808 (synthetic) Sealant;
    then, [after allotting the P808 ~12-24 hrs.
    cure-time window], I would:

b.) apply the Pinnacle Liquid Souverän
    (“Hybrid”) Car Wax in the role as a “topper”.

Of course: YMMV

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

5. Thanks PM5C thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PM5C View Post
    Planning to do my quarterly protection regimen in a month on my daily driven, not garaged, Arizona, gray 2013 BMW.

In July, I clayed and used 3D Speed which left the car with a deep, rich shine that's held up pretty well. After washes I've been using CG's VO7 spray detailer which has been good for me. But I want to see if I can get to another level of shine and gloss. I'm also looking for chances to use my new Rupes 21 Mk 2 and some of the new products I bought with it.

The paint doesn't need any correction at this point so my plan is a good wash with clay where needed (baggie test queued up) . I'll next polish with Rupes Diamond on a Rupes white pad mostly because I'm dying to try the stuff. I will then wax with Pinnacle Liquid Souverän Car Wax.

Back to the subject of this post. I have Rupes P808 Sealant and question whether I should use that as the final step, on top of the wax. I bought the 808 to go on the Rupes UHS that I plan to use on a friend's car. But I'm thinking it might do well on the liquid Souveran. But if the consensus is that I won't see a difference, nor will I appreciably extend the protection of the wax, then I'll save the work of applying the sealant for another day.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

(The photo shows the finish almost two months after applying 3D Speed in a rare moment when the car was actually in the garageDo I need sealant on top of Liquid Souveran? )

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I have been using Pinnacle Liquid Souveran as my LSP of choice for several years now. Even on my wife's Durango that is outside 24/7 I'm getting good protection for 4 to 5 months. You can stretch that out further by using Souveran Spray Wax or Duragloss Aquawax as a drying aid or in between washes. The Liquid Souveran is a pleasure to use. On a freshly clayed and corrected vehicle when machine applied in a thin layer it's almost effortless to remove and leaves and shine and slickness that are incredible.

7. Thanks PM5C thanked for this post
    Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the education and advice; it's greatly appreciated. I'll save the P808 to use with the UHS system.