First Post and First attempt with new Griots 10813 6" Random DA Polisher. Bought 2018 Pilot AWD Touring with Black Paint. Paint is in pretty good shape, but has some swirls indicating was probably ran through auto car washes.

About $500 in so far with this adventure. Using Griots 5" Vented Back-Plate with Buff and Shine 5.5 inch orange, white and black pads for compounding, polishing and sealant. Also using 3" Boss HD back-plate with Griots Boss 3" foam pads. Need the 3" set-up as the Pilot has so many curves that for an inexperienced polisher I wanted to be able to more easily keep pad flat as much as possible versus manipulating with 5.5 inch pads.

Using McKee's 37 Swirl Remover for Compounding, which went well. Took time and looks good, probably not perfect but really, really nice. Moved on to Polish with Wolfgang's Paintwork Polish Enhancer. Once done with Polish, will be using Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Have issue/question when polishing using 3" Boss Yellow Pad with the Wolfgang Polish. I was using the 3 beads of polish per area as the directions say to do, and then moved the product around the area with the DA dial set at 1. Then I set the DA to 3.5 to polish the area, making several passes in the area. I wasn't pushing down on the machine at all, moving slowly across paint. Once done with first area, I had swirling pattern from pad on car. They did not wipe out.

I had to reapply polish to these areas and run DA over these swirls to remove them.

After that, I set the DA dial to 2 and did not have any swirling marks from pads left on finish. Question is, which is more likely the problem:
1. Not enough polish on car (don't think so as didn't seem to be dry when using DA)
2. Was I moving DA to fast across the paint? Maybe
3. Was 3.5 setting to fast, even though instructions for Wolfgang Polish say to set at 4.5?
4. Issue with Boss Pads? The 3" Boss Pads seem to be really thin when rotating on machine with little to no pressure, only enough to keep machine from walking all over.
Was wondering if this is the issue and if there is a better pad that I should investigate getting, as the Pilot curves mean that I will be using a lot of 3" pads to ensure good correction, polishing and sealing.

I would appreciate any help that folks with knowledge could give me. Very proud of my work so far with this project and want to figure out what this issue is and how to get to best solution. thanks