autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Heavy Cut Compound 400 Question

Quote Originally Posted by paulgyro View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. Very helpful. It seems like you like living on the edge with running your polisher wide open, using non recommend pads with this polish and using a washing machine with steam to clean pads. But your amazing results speak for themselves don't then?

I'll be doing a black BMW X2 with MF pads so I hope to get similar results as you.

One thing I didn't see in your write up was how many section passes you did and at what arm speed?
    Mike Phillips has many posts here about polisher speeds, he runs his polishers wide open (#6) when polishing and correcting too.

I did about 5 test combinations before I setteld on the best combination for the Porsche.

At least 6-8 passes at a slow to medium arm speed.

Can't speak to the mf pad choice though. You may get hazing. I'd suggest doing some test spots with different pads w / FG400 to see what gives you the best final results.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I run my polishers wide open with FG400, no dusting issues.
    2015 Black Porsche Cayenne Correction with FG400 and Polish Angel Master Sealant

Note Post #4
    "I did get some light dusting but the results were so good I was okay with the trade off"
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    2015 Black Porsche Cayenne Correction with FG400 and Polish Angel Master Sealant

Note Post #4
    "I did get some light dusting but the results were so good I was okay with the trade off"
    Thanks for reminding me, though like I said it still wasn't a big deal. LOL. I'd take the results any day versus the extra hours of a second polishing step.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought I'd pass along the official word I got from Menzerna.

My question to them: "At point point in the process should one change to the polishing pad? When HCC 400 become transparent?"

Their answer: "Yes, to get the best out of Hcc400 you have to change the hard pad to a medium or soft pad when the product gets transparent. Best regards Your Menzerna Team".

Seeing this is a diminishing abrasive it makes sense to get the most out of the broken down abrasives a softer pad would be required. Or as mentioned by custmsprty earlier lighting way up on the pressure on the final pass.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulgyro View Post
    I just thought I'd pass along the official word I got from Menzerna.

My question to them: "At point point in the process should one change to the polishing pad? When HCC 400 become transparent?"

Their answer: "Yes, to get the best out of Hcc400 you have to change the hard pad to a medium or soft pad when the product gets transparent. Best regards Your Menzerna Team".

Seeing this is a diminishing abrasive it makes sense to get the most out of the broken down abrasives a softer pad would be required. Or as mentioned by custmsprty earlier lighting way up on the pressure on the final pass.

Paul
    Thanks for posting this. I love HC400 and have used it many years. I’ve never thought about stepping down to a softer pad. I’ve always marveled at the finish with a microfiber or wool pad and “how it was almost LSP ready”. I’ll have to give this method a try. The miracle of diminishing abrasives, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I love HC400 and have used it many years. I’ve never thought about stepping down to a softer pad. I’ve always marveled at the finish with a microfiber or wool pad and “how it was almost LSP ready”. I’ll have to give this method a try. The miracle of diminishing abrasives, lol.
    Work it baby!!:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12